Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Nascar Fans going?

The NBA tv ratings were down during the regular season but up during the playoffs. They set a attendance record this year. The NHL rating were way down during regular season but up during playoffs. Quite a few MLB games ratings are up.

RCCA Member
    Could it simply be that life costs more time now than in the past? I feel that way.

If you're a fan and you cut back from going to 4 races to 2, and you watch 20 races instead of 30, the numbers show a significant drop. You're still invested but have to spend time elsewhere.

I think it was Ricky Craven who said it best with something to the extent of "Marketers are shooting with a rifle instead of a shotgun since the recession"

I guess I'm inclined to believe the not enough time/money thought, but there are other options that don't involve the same amount of time/money. I was just debating whether it would be worth the time/effort to check out a couple local tracks around here. I believe one runs quite a few stock/modified series and another runs quarter midgets.

Indycar and IMSA events.
    "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Quote Originally Posted by Accolade Racing View Post
    Wait untill after this year, when Dale Jr.'s fan base disappears along with him. lol.
    Or figure out the NHRA is a better deal all around!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROWDY18 View Post
    Or figure out the NHRA is a better deal all around!!!
    I watched NHRA a while back, have new drivers started winning? When I stopped was when it always seemed the same people were winning every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxley View Post
    I watched NHRA a while back, have new drivers started winning? When I stopped was when it always seemed the same people were winning every week.
    Whats the difference the same thing happens in NASCAR!!! But the 1 difference is NHRA cares more about its fans then NASCAR does as their actions prove!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROWDY18 View Post
    Whats the difference the same thing happens in NASCAR!!! But the 1 difference is NHRA cares more about its fans then NASCAR does as their actions prove!!!
    NHRA was always Pedregon or Force. In Nascar there's at least more than 2 competing.

RCCA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdy18 View Post
    whats the difference the same thing happens in nascar!!! But the 1 difference is nhra cares more about its fans then nascar does as their actions prove!!!
    absolutly !!
    God and Guns