View Poll Results: Get it Autographed? Color?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes get it autographed in GOLD

13 68.42%
  • Yes get it autographed in SILVER

5 26.32%
  • No do not get it autographed

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autograph Advice

Autograph Advice

Hi everyone,
    I recently got my first ELITE. If you haven't seen it here is the link to my post:
    http://lionelracingforum.com/showthr...My-First-ELITE!!!!

Anyway,
    I am going to Dover this weekend for the Cup Race. Now, I have been thinking about taking this car to get autographed. I am on the fence and do not not know whether I should get it autographed or not and then if I do decide to get it autographed what color do I get it in? Because I can not decide very easily I have decided to ask the best diecast collectors in the world! Thank you all for looking and voting on what I should do.

Name:  IMG_4162.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  28.9 KB

RCCA Member
    My answer doesn't fit any of the options in the poll:

- go with a yellow paint pen instead of a sharpie

- I like getting cars autographed, but which cars I get signed when depends on whether if I care about the quality of the signature. For my best cars, I try to get them signed in a controlled situation (appearance) rather than catching the driver while he's walking. So take that into consideration. That said, I've never gotten a poor autograph from Kyle
    Last edited by MikeF; September 26th, 2017 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    My answer doesn't fit any of the options in the poll:

- go with a yellow paint pen instead of a sharpie

- I like getting cars autographed, but which cars I get signed when depends on whether if I care about the quality of the signature. For my best cars, I try to get them signed in a controlled situation (appearance) rather than catching the driver while he's walking. So take that into consideration. That said, I've never gotten a poor autograph from Kyle
    Thank You! I might do that, Because it is an ELITE I would like to get the best quality autograph, At Pocono for driver intros I got a nice Auto from him on my hat and it is probably the easiest place for me to get him on Sunday.

Yellow paint pen sounds really nice. I would get it autographed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshal13 View Post
    Yellow paint pen sounds really nice. I would get it autographed.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. Thanks for your opinion!

Knowing Kyle Busch he usually doesn't take your pen and usually signs it in black on the windshield. Its all about being in the right place at the right time. When you see him make sure you have your pen ready to go because usually he is in a rush. Hope it all works out for ya. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keselowski2fan View Post
    Knowing Kyle Busch he usually doesn't take your pen and usually signs it in black on the windshield. Its all about being in the right place at the right time. When you see him make sure you have your pen ready to go because usually he is in a rush. Hope it all works out for ya. Thanks
    Thanks! I hope I can catch him like I did at Pocono where he took the time and stopped for me and we even had a little conversation. I will defidentally be trying to get him again.

i say yellow paint pen, but you have to find kyle when he isnt doing anything, otherwise he will use his black, most of the time he does, paint pens are better then sharpies, i have had alot of problems with them, they wont show up well at all

Quote Originally Posted by ndawg88 View Post
    i say yellow paint pen, but you have to find kyle when he isnt doing anything, otherwise he will use his black, most of the time he does, paint pens are better then sharpies, i have had alot of problems with them, they wont show up well at all
    Okay thank you! Defidentally going toward paint pen

Paint pens are risky to use, they don't always come out the way you want them. I would stick with a silver sharpie.