Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Displaying Blues

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthonor View Post
    Sorry brother. It was funny. When I started unscrewing the diecast. I was like ****. Can't they go back to no mounted screws! This sucks!! Rofl!
    Try using a left handed screwdriver and make sure to oil it first.
    I dont like Roadkill18 and people with 14000+ posts talk way to much. Copy n Paste B-Day wishes are insincere

Man I am gonna have to buy another screwdriver. This is crazy. But it's comming along good. Have to go for more individual display cases. And pick up more side slat platforms and standard slant. Pole Night is gonna love me,lol
    I am in need of the slants and stands and individual cases too...

Quote Originally Posted by NAUSECAR View Post
    ebay has them

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff14Ford View Post
    Try using a left handed screwdriver and make sure to oil it first.
    Right handed only. But tell your blow up girl friend to hold it.And for God sakes,stop taking them out to fast food drive through with your Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by NAUSECAR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrracer View Post
    ebay has them
    Yes yall kinda got me into these. And have noticed the price has went up too! Gonna buy the Lionel case that includes the slants for the Dover set I am working on.

Glad to hear you are getting them out in all there glory finally at last. They should never be caged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post
    Glad to hear you are getting them out in all there glory finally at last. They should never be caged.
    I am so OCD. When I was unscrewing them my wife was like,that's good enough. And me ofcourse was like still adjusting the display,lol

I actually recommend this screw driver for getting those tricky screws.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FA...iDL&ref=plSrch

I just picked it up last week because I had some screws that were real buggers that I couldn't get out of the box. I was killing my wrists trying to get them out of the darn package. This thing worked like a charm! It was awesome how easy it was.

I know the feeling. When I got my last curio I spent a whole day messing about. Had to pull out the spreadsheet and order them as I wanted to display them. Build from the bottom up making sure spacing is correct. Having to wipe each shelf before placing in curio. I also use a riser for each piece to elevate the roofs a bit. Makes for a much better displayed look. I also have a lot of stand alone cases and feel the need to switch them up at times to keep things fresh. As the collection grows it does become quite the part time job.

I have a great little driver set that has the perfect size for the cars and it has a base that allows rotation so you can apply pressure and have it spin between your hand and the styro. Really helps. Haven't met one I can't get out fairly easily since I finally found the right tool.

Ask Jonathan about my room. He and his wife stopped by and got to see it. I have about 3/4 of the collection on display. Couldn't stand for them all to be in boxes. Not looking forward to when I have to move and box them all back up but I do love being able to see the majority of them everyday.

The back corner of my basement back room is completely filled with 4 large boxes that have nothing but empties in them granted one is for my daughter's collection which has grown as well.

Sorry brother. It was funny. When I started unscrewing the diecast. I was like ****. Can't they go back to no mounted screws! This sucks!! Rofl!
    I have often wondered the same. I understood when the cars had wings, but now???