View Poll Results: What will you purchase in 2018?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elite

39 45.88%
  • ARC

25 29.41%
  • Unsure

21 24.71%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Diecast Announcement!

Quote Originally Posted by kwobubba View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I think there are always going to be some flaws in any run. I think all thru 2014-2015, I maybe returned one car, which I thought was acceptable, it happens. 2016-now, I've quit counting. Between the Lionel and KBM returns, I'd say at least 10 but probably more. I wonder if the factory is so far behind that they are slopping stuff out to get the 2018s out in time for Daytona.
    That's to bad and to many that had to be returned. I think they are probably pumping these cars out very fast like any mass production factory and maybe not taking enough time however they apply the wraps. The process previously used seemed more consistent when I look at my older elites and cwc's. Hopefully it will improve that is what quality control is supposed to be on top of. I certainly can understand your frustration. These don't come cheap.

Quality Control has been a top concern for me the last 3 or 4 years. I have had about all I can handle as well. The number one issue I have experienced is the busted decklid shark fin. Next would be the spoilers in the COT era being a plastic part. I wish Lionel had kept the 2013 metal spoiler trunk lid single piece rather then swapping it for a plastic piece. The countless broken deckfins, missing hood pins, chipped paint really wear a collector down. Whats worse is my $115 dollar elites have these problems more often than the ARC mass production run. I dont understand how that happens. How does the more expensive car have more defects then the cheaper one. You would think the Elite would define ELITE craftsmanship and detail. If there are 24 Liquid Color Elites of a car produced those 24 should be perfect, if not make them over. Force your factory to step up to the bar. The whole reason someone used to by the ELITE level was because of the details and quality. They weighed a ton because of the craftsmanship. My 03 - 12 elites weigh more than the 2013 cars and going forward.

The most recent issue with what those experienced with paying for an Autographed diecast and it not even coming with a windshield in the car and not being able to get a replacement is pretty mind blowing. You shipped me a sold out defective product. Are we really saying in customer service the only option is a refund, you cant send me a signed windshield that we know you have a stack of after seeing pictures of them being signed by the dozens.

I am hopeful that going forward these issues can be addressed. Would like to see some more attention to detail paid on the Quality Control side of things. I think that will make some big strides on the customer side of things if we see increased QC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post
    Quality Control has been a top concern for me the last 3 or 4 years. I have had about all I can handle as well. The number one issue I have experienced is the busted decklid shark fin. Next would be the spoilers in the COT era being a plastic part. I wish Lionel had kept the 2013 metal spoiler trunk lid single piece rather then swapping it for a plastic piece. The countless broken deckfins, missing hood pins, chipped paint really wear a collector down. Whats worse is my $115 dollar elites have these problems more often than the ARC mass production run. I dont understand how that happens. How does the more expensive car have more defects then the cheaper one. You would think the Elite would define ELITE craftsmanship and detail. If there are 24 Liquid Color Elites of a car produced those 24 should be perfect, if not make them over. Force your factory to step up to the bar. The whole reason someone used to by the ELITE level was because of the details and quality. They weighed a ton because of the craftsmanship. My 03 - 12 elites weigh more than the 2013 cars and going forward.

The most recent issue with what those experienced with paying for an Autographed diecast and it not even coming with a windshield in the car and not being able to get a replacement is pretty mind blowing. You shipped me a sold out defective product. Are we really saying in customer service the only option is a refund, you cant send me a signed windshield that we know you have a stack of after seeing pictures of them being signed by the dozens.

I am hopeful that going forward these issues can be addressed. Would like to see some more attention to detail paid on the Quality Control side of things. I think that will make some big strides on the customer side of things if we see increased QC.
    Seems like quantity over quality and yes the elite did define craftsmanship and detail but not lately it seems. The shark fin on the trunk was not attached very well I have seen more collectors complain about that and the wrap issues. How a car can be sent out with no windshield is ridiculous and no replacement is even worse. The customer service people do a good job all around but QC in the factory seems to be an issue for sure. No signed windshield? Don't quite get that one but I would not be happy opening the box and seeing that, who missed that one? Where do the signed windshields get installed. Should not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 24ever View Post
    Seems like quantity over quality and yes the elite did define craftsmanship and detail but not lately it seems. The shark fin on the trunk was not attached very well I have seen more collectors complain about that and the wrap issues. How a car can be sent out with no windshield is ridiculous and no replacement is even worse. The customer service people do a good job all around but QC in the factory seems to be an issue for sure. No signed windshield? Don't quite get that one but I would not be happy opening the box and seeing that, who missed that one? Where do the signed windshields get installed. Should not happen.
    If I understand correctly, the windshields are mailed to the factory in China for installation, I could be wrong though.

It seems to be working quite well, we’ve gotten into December and there’s been no true full dnps so far, only random special finishes and some elites, everything seems to be at least getting made as standard arc thus far, which is a huge improvement

RCCA Member
    I just received, a 2004 Action historical series #8 2000 Olympic diecast bank (from Plan B).
    the detail is staggering compared to what is produced today (and planned for the future).
    God and Guns