Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: homestead

  1. #1

    homestead

    i think it will be a non chase driver to win the race

  2. #2
    RCCA Member AJH88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Tallahassee
    Posts
    2,523
    You are wrong my friend, A Chase driver will win. Chase Elliott to be exact.

  3. #3
    Unpopular opinon: Chase Elliott doesn't deserve to win in the 24, and won't win at homestead. But I truly believe a non championship 4 driver will win it this weekend. Im going to get a lot of hate for this post but I really truly do not care at all, it's just an opinion I have and will have even when Byron takes the wheel (though i feel he is much more deserving of the number). I have always believed that the 3, 24, and 43 should have been retired out of respect for their legacies, but thats just me. alright, Im ready to take the heat for this post!!!

  4. #4
    Unless there's a late race caution and a melee to follow, I think odds are the 78 or 18 continue to be the class of the field just as they've been all year. Even if there is a late race caution, I think one of them wins.

  5. #5
    RCCA Member Dinsmore16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by zonilug View Post
    Unpopular opinon: Chase Elliott doesn't deserve to win in the 24, and won't win at homestead. Im going to get a lot of hate for this post but I really truly do not care at all, it's just an opinion I have and will have even when Byron takes the wheel (though i feel he is much more deserving of the number).
    I understand your stance on number retirement, it's not a rare position to take.

    However, how can you justify the opinion that Chase Elliott is less deserving than William Byron? In the scenario that Byron loses the race in Homestead, he won't even be an Xfinity Champ, whilst Chase was.

    Is your opinion based on the fact that Byron dominated in Trucks and then did the same with Jr Motorsports? I remember Chase winning a healthy amount of races in the Xfinity series during his run in the #9.

    Also, I wouldn't discredit Chase for not running the Truck series. A number of modern superstars (since 1995) leapfrogged the series completely.


    Quote Originally Posted by kwobubba View Post
    Unless there's a late race caution and a melee to follow, I think odds are the 78 or 18 continue to be the class of the field just as they've been all year. Even if there is a late race caution, I think one of them wins.
    I agree, I have thought for the majority of the season that Kyle Busch has been the dark horse in the shadow of Truex's success. I would be surprised to see anyone other than the 18 holding up the cup after that race. (barring a freak event like Carl Edwards' huge wreck)
    David Dinsmore III
    Follow Me on Instagram @509collection!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinsmore16 View Post
    However, how can you justify the opinion that Chase Elliott is less deserving than William Byron? In the scenario that Byron loses the race in Homestead, he won't even be an Xfinity Champ, whilst Chase was.

    Is your opinion based on the fact that Byron dominated in Trucks and then did the same with Jr Motorsports? I remember Chase winning a healthy amount of races in the Xfinity series during his run in the #9.

    Also, I wouldn't discredit Chase for not running the Truck series. A number of modern superstars (since 1995) leapfrogged the series completely
    Iíll say this about Byron, I think he has much more talent, and is a much better driver than Elloitt is. Him being in the truck series isnít the reason, although I like when people work their way up, however Hamlin never did trucks full time so I canít hold that opinion. However, I have always preferred a driver who can gain fans, and be amazing on track without their name. I didnít like Earnhardt Jr all that much until he left DEI because he broke away from his name and made it for himself and he has proven himself. And chase is a champion in the sport and I wont discredit that, but Iíve never liked him (for my own reasons). But Iíve been a 24 fan my entire time watching the series because of my dad, and Iíve always felt that the 24 should be retired and that heavily influences how I feel on the issue, however someone who has worked their way up without a name, and earned the 24, has more respect coming from me than anyone else. Not to say Elliott never earned it, but he should have had a different number, and thatís just me. He has a lot of talent, and is a great driver, but the 24 isnít him

  7. #7
    RCCA Member DonCarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,705
    Quote Originally Posted by zonilug View Post
    I’ll say this about Byron, I think he has much more talent, and is a much better driver than Elloitt is. Him being in the truck series isn’t the reason, although I like when people work their way up, however Hamlin never did trucks full time so I can’t hold that opinion. However, I have always preferred a driver who can gain fans, and be amazing on track without their name. I didn’t like Earnhardt Jr all that much until he left DEI because he broke away from his name and made it for himself and he has proven himself. And chase is a champion in the sport and I wont discredit that, but I’ve never liked him (for my own reasons). But I’ve been a 24 fan my entire time watching the series because of my dad, and I’ve always felt that the 24 should be retired and that heavily influences how I feel on the issue, however someone who has worked their way up without a name, and earned the 24, has more respect coming from me than anyone else. Not to say Elliott never earned it, but he should have had a different number, and that’s just me. He has a lot of talent, and is a great driver, but the 24 isn’t him
    What you say here is very close to how I feel about Chase in the 24 for some reason and I have no idea why he just does not fit the 24 car. I like Bryon a lot myself and it seems so far he does have a ton of talent in both the truck series and xfinity but that does scare me because every driver that I can think of that has run full time in the truck and or the xfinity series and has done great does not do great in cup so I hope Byron can change that around next year in the 24 car.


    #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DonCarp View Post
    What you say here is very close to how I feel about Chase in the 24 for some reason and I have no idea why he just does not fit the 24 car. I like Bryon a lot myself and it seems so far he does have a ton of talent in both the truck series and xfinity but that does scare me because every driver that I can think of that has run full time in the truck and or the xfinity series and has done great does not do great in cup so I hope Byron can change that around next year in the 24 car.
    Wow, me and Don agree on something LOL. But I get what you mean with doing well in other series but not being able to do well in Cup, but I feel Byron will do well and be more successful than Elliott.

  9. #9
    I really feel like a non Chaser will take this one. Got some fast cars that aren't in. And to be honest Joey has been getting faster. So I don't look for it to be just a dominant showing by the top 4.

  10. #10
    RCCA Member FreakyFast4ord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,541
    You will have to win the race to be the Champ. These teams are that good as represented by 3 recent Champions and the dominant car of the year with 7 wins. They may even run 1-2-3-4 at one point. Can the #78 team do it when all the marbles are on the line? The other 3 have proven they can

    It all starts with qualifying. Let's see if they can all qualify top 5.

    As far as Chase and the #24 I guess this as good as a place as any to say I think the number holds him back from the elusive first win even. Once he's in the #9 and HMS figures out the new ZL1 bodies he will be well on his way with career victories in the family number.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •