This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Feature - Marking posts read

In the old forum, there was the capability to mark posts as read once you had viewed the posts you were interested in. I don't see the capability to do that in the new forum, and now after 2-3 days I have about 4 pages of "new posts". Obviously, not every new thread will be of interest to every member. Is there a way to add a "mark posts read" like there was on the old forum that I am missing or is that feature unavailable on the new software? Can it be added?

Bottom of the page of interest it says mark channels read.. I too was looking for it

Next up, NHMS!

Comment

Karl, did that answer help? Sorry, I never used that on the old forum.
      sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

That helps if you're in the individual forums; however the option was also available when you were viewing new posts. I do not see it there which requires you to go into each individual section to mark forums read. In addition, sometimes when I read a thread, it disappears when I refresh the "new threads" content (since it no longer has new content) and sometimes it doesn't. Growing pains... ugh!!

Comment

I'll look around but I am not seeing that option to give access. Some permissions have changed. It's odd I see the "Like" option but I cannot see where to give users access to this. Still playing around with some edits. One thing new that we used to not do that I have allowed for the new forum is give users the access to delete their own posts or threads in the event someone regrets a comment. Or just wants something stricken from the record. LOL!
          sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Working...
          X