This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Delay?

Tried calling CS first, but they are closed already. I ordered the Kyle Busch Bristol set on Wednesday and a shipping label was created that day. I figured it would go out yesterday, but it is not showing as being in UPS's possession. Are there some shipping delays going on this week or something, or is it because it's going through UPS and not USPS? Never had this issue before. Thanks.

I got an email from UPS stating that a package was scheduled for delivery tomorrow (KB set). When I check the tracking number link, it just says a label has been created as well. I'm guessing most will go out later today and UPS will have more information after they're picked up from Lionel.

Comment

That's what I'm seeing as well. Got an email from USPS with the same tracking number, so I guess we just have to wait and see. Glad I'm not the only one, eases my mind.

Comment

It was finally given to UPS half an hour ago, so I'll see it around the middle of next week.

Comment

This is typical for the warehouse. They create a whole bunch of labels, but they donít actually ship until a couple days later. Got the UPS update - mine is coming Tuesday.

Comment

Yeah, that's what mine says as well. I was just curious because I've never had an order from Lionel take more than one day to ship. Never had them use UPS for an order though.

Comment

I addressed this a while ago. Lionel made a change to their shipping policy. Where when the container hits they print up the labels and bill. It was done to try and smooth things out and to make sure the members get their cars the same time as the dealers.

Comment

Alan Harkleroad, don't think that applies to this order with me. I did not pre-order this set. I called CS on Wednesday and placed an order. They told me it would ship Thursday. The warehouse printed a label that afternoon and then did not give it to UPS until Friday. Dealers already had them in hand when they gave this order to UPS, so I don't see how it helps people get orders earlier. The dealers usually have cars air freighted in and receive them a week or so before Lionel receives the normal shipments.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbeast View Post
                  Alan Harkleroad, don't think that applies to this order with me. I did not pre-order this set. I called CS on Wednesday and placed an order. They told me it would ship Thursday. The warehouse printed a label that afternoon and then did not give it to UPS until Friday. Dealers already had them in hand when they gave this order to UPS, so I don't see how it helps people get orders earlier. The dealers usually have cars air freighted in and receive them a week or so before Lionel receives the normal shipments.
                  Ah yeah thats another deal entirely.

Comment

Here is the situation with this. Alan is correct in that we now bill orders the day before the container arrives so we can ship faster. However, there was an issue with the processing of these orders and they shipped UPS instead of USPS. We had to look into a few things to see why that happened which delayed the shipping of these cars. I also think in a lot of cases it didn't charge shipping so they had to fix some of them. I think this is the major reason for the delay. They should have shipped several on Friday and if any are left they will ship today.

Thanks!
                    sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Working...
                    X