Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel, please do better... check out this box!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lionel, please do better... check out this box!

thanks for the new packaging you have implemented, works great . How would you like me to send this car back? Piece by piece? Shred by shred? Címon man, we deserve so much better than this. No big deal, itís only the Ryan Blaney Roval win autographed. Car is damaged as well. I would bet you donít have this in stock to replace it either after a near 7 month wait. So now what? Just bummer for me and move on? Real curious to know how you intend on making this right.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D06745F5-4517-40BE-A855-B513FF0AC0AD.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	469250Click image for larger version  Name:	60C6768D-4CFD-4635-8421-418C570B2D3C.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	469251Click image for larger version  Name:	C5D4665F-F93B-4EE5-8675-29277819956E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	469252Click image for larger version  Name:	1404F300-1553-47D9-B133-2921EA344708.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	469253Click image for larger version  Name:	ADA82BFA-19E2-4F65-9178-2F1000924AEE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	469254

I just posted about this right here.

https://lionelracingforum.com/forum/...ing-boxes-asap

Wow you win the award for the worst one I have seen. This is unbelievable

Comment

Me too in show and tell. Mines minty compared to yours though. Not impressed at all. This is UN-SAT!

Comment

This was my fear......

Comment

Ridiculous, and typical.

Comment

Wow, this is terrible!! I put this one on the Post Office, though. I can't imagine any cardboard standing up to the abuse the PO put this package through. It looks like it got stuck in the sorter.

Comment

Lionel, please go the extra mile and start using ups again . I am sick of the USPS destroying 75% of my boxes with my diescast.

Comment

Thatís extremely bad, but with the flimsy boxes theyíre shipping these in now I believe the returns Dept will be very busy...

Comment

Originally posted by The Teach View Post
                  Wow, this is terrible!! I put this one on the Post Office, though. I can't imagine any cardboard standing up to the abuse the PO put this package through. It looks like it got stuck in the sorter.
                  Mike,
                  Respectfully, I disagree. Does the post office have culpability? Absolutely. However, in the last 4 years I have purchased a lot of cars... 48.5k worth of e-points obtained in that time. That is a lot of cars, and a lot of money spent. In that time, I have received boxes that have rips, crushed corners, etc... never once has that shipping box damage caused damage to the car and car sleeve / box. I bite me tongue a lot here with the changes over the last year or so, and always try to give Lionel the benefit of the doubt. However, time and time again folks and avid collectors on here, many of which have spent tens of thousands of dollars supporting Lionel, have expressed great concern with this change. It has been repeatedly dismissed by Lionel. What does this indicate? It indicates frankly that they donít give a poop anymore about the diehard / passionate collector anymore. I am steaming mad about this, so unfortunately there is a ton of emotion behind my post... but itís just not OK anymore. I can live with the sporadic paint defect, the missing roof hatch detail on certain speedway cars, the broken spoiler, the 3 wheeling cars - I chalk that up to manufacturing and in some cases just flat out human error. Iíll return them and just move on with my life. However, I canít live with stuff like this and chalk it up as an ďoh wellĒ moment. This is the 2nd car I will have to return that is not available now - the first being the B Keselowski Talladega cheers 2 Dale Jr raced win Liquid Color. I still havenít found that one the secondary / eBay market either... and now this one. Finally, they need to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Blooded View Post

Mike,
                    Respectfully, I disagree. Does the post office have culpability? Absolutely. However, in the last 4 years I have purchased a lot of cars... 48.5k worth of e-points obtained in that time. That is a lot of cars, and a lot of money spent. In that time, I have received boxes that have rips, crushed corners, etc... never once has that shipping box damage caused damage to the car and car sleeve / box. I bite me tongue a lot here with the changes over the last year or so, and always try to give Lionel the benefit of the doubt. However, time and time again folks and avid collectors on here, many of which have spent tens of thousands of dollars supporting Lionel, have expressed great concern with this change. It has been repeatedly dismissed by Lionel. What does this indicate? It indicates frankly that they donít give a poop anymore about the diehard / passionate collector anymore. I am steaming mad about this, so unfortunately there is a ton of emotion behind my post... but itís just not OK anymore. I can live with the sporadic paint defect, the missing roof hatch detail on certain speedway cars, the broken spoiler, the 3 wheeling cars - I chalk that up to manufacturing and in some cases just flat out human error. Iíll return them and just move on with my life. However, I canít live with stuff like this and chalk it up as an ďoh wellĒ moment. This is the 2nd car I will have to return that is not available now - the first being the B Keselowski Talladega cheers 2 Dale Jr raced win Liquid Color. I still havenít found that one the secondary / eBay market either... and now this one. Finally, they need to do better.
                    I can understand your feelings and frustration, and wish with all my being that this did not happen to you. It seems you have received far more than your share of problems. Can't argue that they need to do better with the boxes and the other issues you mentioned, but you are reading more into my comments than I intended. I have some pictures of a 2014 Harvick somewhere where the box looks the same and of course like this one the diecast was damaged. I will find and post again if you like. Even with the old style box, shipped wrapped in 4 sheets of bubble wrap in a heavy duty cardboard box the damage looks identical. I still contend that there is not a shipping box made that would have stood up to the abuse this one encountered. I sincerely hope that this is made right for you, since you deserve the best service possible, my brother.

Comment

Iíll ask the same question I did about the 3 wheeling cars (and never got an answer), whoís going to take ownership of this latest debacle, fix the problem, and make sure all future orders go out correctly packaged in a sturdy box? If Harvick gets to 50 wins, Iíll want an elite of it, so Iíd like to know that this foolishness and the quality issues will be corrected at some point.

Comment

Yea mine was a bit rough, Iím not sure what the logic was to switching from the padded plastic shipping boxes. These boxes seem very cheap and poor cardboard
                        Brad Keselowski Fan!

Comment

Four years ago .......... https://lionelracingforum.com/forum/...uld-it-be-kept

Comment

Opened the other 3 cars I received today. The shipper box had no obvious signs of damage, but once I opened the shipper all the car boxes were damaged. Yet again, another car I have been so pumped about was the Clint Bowyer - Darlington dual auto. Of course that was the worst out of the other 3 (aside from my OG post).

Clint Bowyer - Darlington dual auto car box:

Click image for larger version  Name:	96536A01-81EE-46DD-9151-F6595121F1BA.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	469315Click image for larger version  Name:	9E25233C-0C01-4EB3-9A17-47E2BC9F4188.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	59.2 KB ID:	469316

Ryan Blaney - roval Liquid Color. Not as bad, but still unacceptable and easily avoidable:

Click image for larger version  Name:	9D4A2402-7B9F-43F0-9FE1-17F9E2AF4743.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	469317

Comment

As I found out from my Sister who actually works for the United States Postal Service this is on the mail carrier not Lionel regarding messed up boxes. She said this happens almost all the time. Good luck in getting something done though either from Lionel or chewing out your mail carrier

Comment

Working...
                              X