Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lionel, please do better... check out this box!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffyfan042003 View Post
    As I found out from my Sister who actually works for the United States Postal Service this is on the mail carrier not Lionel regarding messed up boxes. She said this happens almost all the time. Good luck in getting something done though either from Lionel or chewing out your mail carrier
    The boxes Lionel is using are flimsy. Any seller with some sense knows to package items to withstand some amount of wear and tear. It most certainly is on Lionel or there wouldnít be this many people reporting an issue. I understand that sometimes no matter how well an item is packaged, the post will find a way to trash it, but that isnít the case here. Maybe they should walk across the street and get Plan B to show them how to package an order. Plan B uses minimal packaging but in a sturdy box. The Lionel shipper boxes without foam around the car to reinforce them are flimsy. This isnít a surprise to anyone and Lionel was told this wouldnít be adequate and they proceeded wifh it anyway.

Comment

This event makes me want to re-consider my Dale #8 auto coming from RCCA, and switching to Plan B Sales, seriously
      God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post
        This event makes me want to re-consider my Dale #8 auto coming from RCCA, and switching to Plan B Sales, seriously
        Their boxes are exactly the same...
        #iStandWithSharonInCustomerService

Comment

https://lionelracingforum.com/forum/...ipper-concerns

Here is what I donít understand, how can they have tested these boxes with no issues? Look how many people had a problem the first round of orders that went out.... We told them this would be an issue..

Comment

For me it's always been about the box if the box is not perfect or near perfect I am not happy. Second if the box is not sturdy enough to stack a few other boxes on top of it then it's made way too flimsy or cheap. Lastly how easy it is to pull the car out of the box and put it back in the box which this new base with plastic cover is a lot better then the 2015 / 2016 box but it's not perfect because if you do not hold onto the base with both hands it will drop out of your hands if your not careful. This base with cover would work perfectly if the box opened from the top and you could lift the car out upwards.
            Last edited by DonCarp; May 4th, 2019, 10:04 AM.
            #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by waffle88 View Post

But I never had any shipping issues with the way Plan B ships to their valuable customers. just say'n
              God and Guns

Comment

No, theyíre not. Plan B ships the car inside of a sturdy box, the car itself is in a factory box from Lionel. There are 2 layers of cardboard to protect the car.

Comment

They are not the same. Plan B actually place's the card board box Lionel is shipping out into another box and ships it out. So no its not the same.

Comment

I think itís time Lionel start providing clear responses on what theyíre doing to fix the multitude of issues.
                    -1- shipping in flimsy boxes. Simple, ship in adequate packaging like any other responsible business. This isnít hard, and shouldíve never gotten to this point.
                    -2- Three wheeling cars. Iím not interested in hearing ďIíll pass it on to productionĒ for the 12th time. This issue has been reported for over a year. What specifically is going to be done to correct this issue? Whatever has been done, if anything, hasnít worked. In fact, itís getting worse. Nearly every ARC I receive has this problem now.
                    -3- Decal placement on Chevy trucks (slanted headlights and cab light on roof). This has been reported since the debut of the trucks in 2016. Why hasnít this been fixed? This is a simple issue. Again, get it corrected.

On the bright side, I have seen less bubbles in the decals and paint scrapes on what I have received lately, so that is great. Those of us that are bringing up these issues would like to keep buying Nascar diecast product, and since Lionel is the only option, weíd like to know when these issues will be dealt with, and if theyíre not going to be dealt with, please let us know that you have no intention of fixing them. Weíre literally giving you all a chance to keep our business. Customers shouldnít have to beg to receive undamaged product. Iíd like specific answers to each of the questions Iíve asked, as many times theyíve been brushed off when Iíve asked before.

Comment

And ship the right cars out to customers. I just received a car today, and it's a ARC version, and not a ELITE version that I ordered. And of course the car is sold out. They made the white labels on the shipping boxes even tinier to read, made that's the problem.
                      Last edited by Accolade Racing; May 4th, 2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I am really sorry to see this and I am sure it has a lot to do with the packaging but I would think that the post office has a lot to do with the damage also. I have not ordered from Lionel in quite a while but when I did, I had no issues with the boxes, paint chips or any quality for that matter. But I do believe that quality control has really gone down hill from what I have seen here.I feel fortunate that I have a Racing Collectables shop just down the road and is well stocked. But not that he offers everything that this site does. But I have ordered other diecast items and items of all description through the years and have NEVER seen this type of damage as seen here. It almost makes me wonder if it is done on purpose. Absolutely ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by The Teach View Post

I can understand your feelings and frustration, and wish with all my being that this did not happen to you. It seems you have received far more than your share of problems. Can't argue that they need to do better with the boxes and the other issues you mentioned, but you are reading more into my comments than I intended. I have some pictures of a 2014 Harvick somewhere where the box looks the same and of course like this one the diecast was damaged. I will find and post again if you like. Even with the old style box, shipped wrapped in 4 sheets of bubble wrap in a heavy duty cardboard box the damage looks identical. I still contend that there is not a shipping box made that would have stood up to the abuse this one encountered. I sincerely hope that this is made right for you, since you deserve the best service possible, my brother.
                          Itís all love.. I wasnít attacking your comment, and always value your input. Iíve settled down a bit from the gut punch yesterday, and understand this particular car went through more than usual abuse. However, I do stand behind the blame being more on Lionel. Out of the 4 cars I received yesterday they all had issues with the car box, and the other 3 (besides the OG post) had no obvious signs of damage to the shipper box. That in itself is a major red flag. The car box is equally as important as the car itself. Iím a bit of a perfectionist and like all aspects of my collection to be minty fresh. Over the last 1+ year it is just one giant step back after another.

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
                            For me it's always been about the box if the box is not perfect or near perfect I am not happy. Second if the box is not sturdy enough to stack a few other boxes on top of it then it's made way too flimsy or cheap.
                            Bingo. The window box has never been good for people that stack, that is frustrating too.

Comment

I can't wrap my head around this. This is an insanely ridiculous situation. Hopefully this changes, because I don't want to receive one of my once every few years Denny Hamlin wins like this. I will be very very upset, especially because it'll be my first time ordering LC and CC elites. I hat that this happened to you and I hope someone makes it right

Comment

never had a problem with lionel or my carrier just got my market place purchase the other day it was perfect it was shipped in a usps box with a lionel logo on it with large bubble wrap around it pleased
                                Last edited by jrracer; May 4th, 2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X