This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfinity & Gander Series Updates

I know this has been mentioned a ton. And it never gets anywhere. But I would really like to see updated window nets, tires, and wheels on these. I know you guys keep talking about having to make a new mold but I think it would help sell more of them. You charge $47 for a product not much different than the $20 authentics 1/24's. I would even be willing to pay the extra $7 per car for this to happen and i think a lot of hardcore collectors would as well. It almost feels like a rip off to pay $47 for something that literally has no collectible appeal to it at all. It's the same detail as the back in the day winner circle cars i used to beat up in my back yard that my parents bought me for $10 at walmart. I don't like to sound harsh but it's true. I know its being said that the Camaro won't have a new mold until next year and the supra was done this year. It would have been a perfect time to change those up. I would also think that the cost to swap could be attractive because then you guys could use the same wheels, tires and nets in every car/truck instead of continuing with these really basic features for a car that is only $7 cheaper than a current ARC.

Chevy truck tooling needs updated too

Comment

The Camaro Mold will be updated for this year. I asked a few months ago about the Camaro and truck. The truck was only getting decal updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisacc02 View Post
        The Camaro Mold will be updated for this year. I asked a few months ago about the Camaro and truck. The truck was only getting decal updates.
        What changed on the camaro for Xfinity? I figured they’d say decal only on trucks. That stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

What changed on the camaro for Xfinity? I figured they’d say decal only on trucks. That stinks.
          The front nose and hood are different on the car now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisacc02 View Post

The front nose and hood are different on the car now.
            Interesting, I never realized that.

Comment

Adding those details would add cost. No plan to change Xfinity or Truck die-cast at this time.

Here is just some quick additional information. I know this doesn't help but costs continue to rise. Let's not even get started on these new potential tariffs and the impact it could have! The fact that ELITE's were $99.99 back over 20 years ago we could not keep details and costs where they were at. We felt the collectors want a good car but at a good value. We are doing everything we can to balance that and the declining collectible market.

It's not a popular reply but it's the truth. The fact is this, there is not any competition because no one wants to take on what we have done and do. NASCAR continues to make changes faster than Lionel can even recoup costs on molds at times, new paint schemes every week causing more and more workload and harder to keep up with shipping demands. Simple facts of why no other company can sustain what Action started and now Lionel continue to do. I can promise you that we do all we can to get cars as accurate as possible with what we have to work with. We build as much as we can with approvals given. There is so much cost involved in making these cars and royalties to be paid out that I don't think most fans understand.

Something we can definitely review for 2020 and see if it is something to implement without a cost increase.
              sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Working...
              X