This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/64 Wheels

Why were the wheels changed on the 1/64s? It seems like a majority of 1/64 since the shipment from 7/22 have the new wheels, which have cheaper Goodyear logos and are flimsier, compared to the traditional wheels that have been used for basically the last 15 years.

I've attached photos to show you guys. The 18 Hazelnut has the new ones and the 19 Bass Pro has the old ones.

I actually think the new ones look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler48 View Post
      Why were the wheels changed on the 1/64s? It seems like a majority of 1/64 since the shipment from 7/22 have the new wheels, which have cheaper Goodyear logos and are flimsier, compared to the traditional wheels that have been used for basically the last 15 years.

I've attached photos to show you guys. The 18 Hazelnut has the new ones and the 19 Bass Pro has the old ones.
      It's a 1/64. Is it really that big of a deal?

Comment

I honestly can't see a difference between them

Comment

The differences are subtle, had to look really closely, but I honestly don't mind it. It is still better than the ones used on those other molds we used to see. Come the Gen 7 car, it sounds like it'll be an entirely different looking wheel/tire combo anyway.

Comment

I have asked production. I can hardly see the difference myself but my guess would be it is just a decal update.
            sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Working...
            X