Will you be supporting the Gold Series cars for 2016 Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you be supporting the Gold Series cars for 2016 Poll

Since the last thread didnt actually have a poll to track feedback here we go.

For me personally it will depend on the paint scheme. Jeff is retired now so I am only chasing paint jobs, not specific drivers. For example if they had made the 2014/2015 Dow Energy and Water scheme in Gold Series 1/24 I would have bought it. Because I really liked that car, or Kyle Larsons/McMurry's Energizer Eco Advanced.

I am hopeful that it will spur the creation of cars that failed MOQ this year and last for those who cant seem to get a collection going for their chosen sponsor or driver.

Straight from LIONEL below about the what and why. Something to keep in mind why this is all happening.

"All, our hood-open die-cast line is at a lower price point than the ARC Platinum or ELITE die-cast. Because the price is lower, these cars have less detail than our premium collector lines. That said, hood-open die-cast are an important component of our product mix as they appeal to many fans. In some cases, we offer them for drivers and/or paint schemes that may struggle to be built at a higher price and the higher MOQ that comes with an ARC/ELITE level car. In other cases, hood-open cars are more appealing to sponsors and corporate customers, which is also a consideration when we offer these die-cast. While hood-open cars may not be everyone’s cup of tea, offering certain cars as hood-opens gives them a better shot at being produced versus having no die-cast for these in the market at all."
    Yes. Something is better than nothing.
    29.03%
    No. I am and ARC/Elite person to the end!
    27.42%
    No. To cheap in quality for the price.
    9.68%
    Maybe. Depends on the Driver
    19.35%
    Maybe. Depends on the Paint Scheme / Sponsor
    14.52%

I choose 'Maybe. Depends on the Driver' and I only plan to buy NXS 'Raced' for Harvick & Chase. Don't think I would buy a 'Cup' HO for either driver.
    "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

I'm on the side saying they all should be HO, but that's not an option, so Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggert View Post
        I'm on the side saying they all should be HO, but that's not an option, so Yes.
        Why all HO? Just because most display in a case? Curious as to why?

Comment

Originally posted by abharkl View Post
          Why all HO? Just because most display in a case? Curious as to why?
          If they added more detail to the wheels and fixed the window net, no one would notice the difference between a current ARC and a HO unless you picked it up. With the release of the current Cup cars in HO form today, Lionel fixed the way they sit and it doesn't look any different. I'd much rather save ~$25 a car having the choice on it if it looked almost the same, which I am excited about with the Stenhouse throwbacks.

Comment

Ok I can agree with that. Use the ARC wheels and cloth net and you are right the difference to a general buyer becomes less visible.

Comment

No but if they make changes to wheels/net I would. Don't really mind the trunk not opening it's the net and wheels that bother me.

Comment

They really need to figure out a way to combine Moq between the Gold and Platinum series. Give those who want the choice a choice. Especially with the Elite seeming to be something that wont be offered anymore.

The Gold Series seems like it is about $10 too expensive. With the steep downgrade in details the price ddifference between Gold and Platinum should be much more. Especially since not too long ago the Gold series was quite a bit less expensive and no details have been added.

its quite disappointing that Lionel seems to be transitioning from a high quality collectible to a toy company. I dont get why there is quite a bit of acceptance with several people saying they look exactly the same as each other.

I get it that some of these are being offered for the drivers that consistently miss Moq. However if a driver has consistently met Moq why punish their collectors?

I also think Lionel messes around with trying to produce some diecast that they shouldn't bother with. Only offer proven sellers and offer those. The smaller teams and drivers that have had a history of missing Moq should only be offeredif the team or driver or sponsor is willing to gamble and go ahead and place an order and pay for the 700 or 500 cars and sell them on their own.

Comment

You mention drivers that constantly meet MOQ, but even big names drivers are starting to fail to meet MOQ. The only drivers who consistently met MOQ this year were Gordon and Earnhardt Jr. Period. Harvick drove a Nationwide car that should have never been DNP'd (the red white and blue car), but it was. I think part of the problem is that you have drivers with more and more paint schemes every year, and the average collector can't keep up. If every paint scheme were produced for guys like Harvick, Kahne, even JJ (and not even counting raced wins), how many diecast would that be annually? That's a ton of money, and if you figure what the median income is of a collector, this quickly becomes a rich man's hobby if your spending $105 per scheme for elite, or even $70 per scheme for an ARC. Why do you think even the most hardcore collectors are cutting back, and less people are getting into the hobby. This is a way to get the more casual fan involved. I know that I first got involved in the hobby buying the WC cars 15 years ago, and back then, they cost, what, $15-$20. These cars DO have a lot more detail than they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggert View Post
                    If they added more detail to the wheels and fixed the window net, no one would notice the difference between a current ARC and a HO unless you picked it up. With the release of the current Cup cars in HO form today, Lionel fixed the way they sit and it doesn't look any different. I'd much rather save ~$25 a car having the choice on it if it looked almost the same, which I am excited about with the Stenhouse throwbacks.
                    That's just it. I like to "pick mine up" and look (and show) the detail in the engine, chassis, and all other parts that make it look more realistic.

Again... if a visual from 8 feet away is what turns you on ...simply hang a friggin' picture of the car on your wall!
                    Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

I wish this was Platinum.

"Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Working...
                      X