Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you like the Heat Races in the Xfinity Series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you like the Heat Races in the Xfinity Series?

I wanted to see how everyone felt about the heat races in the Xfinity Series Dash for Cash Races this year. Let me know what you thought about them. Did you like them? Did they make you watch more Xfinity races than usual? I was just curious how y'all felt.

1. Liked them.
    2. Did not like them.
    3. Do not care either way.
    Yes, I liked them.
    9.76%
    No, I didn't like them.
    73.17%
    Didn't matter to me either way.
    17.07%
    Author of Learning Leadership From Biblical Leaders: Lessons In Leadership Qualities

I think they could have been better. Maybe a little shorter in distance?
    Check out my articles on Motorsports Tribune:

https://motorsportstribune.com/author/seth-eggert/

Comment

I do not like them at all, only watched one a few weeks ago but did not like the break, I think some drivers sit out the second segment? That was really boring, anyway I do not really watch those races so does not really matter.
      #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

When they were introduced I thought it could be interesting, but as it turned out they are/were actually pretty "useless".
        I watch all the races anyway, with or without heat races. It doesn't change my decision to watch a race or not.

Comment

I agree a lot with Seba and would add that it seems to take away from the main race. Shorter races do not necessarily result in better racing. Sometimes it needs time for the strategy to come into play.

Comment

I would say #2 in more than one way. I completely did not like the format. This is not your local Saturday night short track racing. This is supposed to be NASCAR's AAA division trying to get to the majors. Treat it that way!

Comment

I find them to actually make races more boring. Race a few laps....stop....some other guys race a few laps....stop....then they finish the race. I don't think they've added the excitement that they had intended at all.

Comment

I did not like them at all.

Comment

I liked them, but there should be some changes. Races should be shorter and if you crash in the heat you should be allowed to go to a backup.

Comment

I cant really vote on this one since I have not watched much of the trucks or Xfinity series. You can call it the Kyle Busch factor on the Xfinity side. I know who the winner will be 90% of the time so no need to watch. Trucks I just havent gotten as interested as of late.

But I do agree that this isnt your saturday night short track, its preparation for the big time. So no heat races are needed. Just shorter races across all 3 series.

Comment

Xfinity to me is 100% unwatchable. These cup drivers need to be limited to at most 5 Xfinity/Truck starts if any at all. If the full-time Xfinity drivers would be the only ones out there the racing would be so much better I think. The whole racing with cup guys makes them better bit, sure it makes them better, maybe, but racing is pretty much an entertainment business, nobody watching no sponsors. The JGR/Roush/JRM teams should also be limited to 2 Xfinity teams. Its a complete joke that JGR has all 4 cars starting in top 4 every week. Like I said Xfinity is becoming unwatchable, its almost as bad as F1 or Indy cars.

Comment

I liked the idea of the heat races but not the way they played out. I do agree that cup regulars should not be in the Xfinity races. I would like to see the Xfinity regulars have more chances to win.
                        Author of Learning Leadership From Biblical Leaders: Lessons In Leadership Qualities

Comment

I think they were an interesting idea to shake things up, but ultimately, the competition level still sucks. I don't know what Nascar can do to fix it either. In a perfect world, there'd be competitive Xfinity teams like there were 20 years ago when sponsorship was more plentiful.

Comment

i think the chase is a joke also,but who am i anyway just a old school race fan

Comment

Originally posted by jrracer View Post
                              i think the chase is a joke also,but who am i anyway just a old school race fan
                              I agree with you everything from 2004 is a complete cluster Blank in nascar and I am not that old school.
                              #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Working...
                              X