Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Diecast Update Poll - Please help us and vote!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Diecast Update Poll - Please help us and vote!!!

This question is specifically about the window net. We have had inquiries to enlarge the window net so it is close to the front of the car like on actual cars. Because of the drop down window net the window net appears further back on the car. To get this to look more authentic we would have to get rid of the drop down window net. Also just so you are aware we are looking at reducing the smaller window net area to bring back the side view mirror to the outside of the car as it should be.

The polling question is this:

Do you prefer to get rid of a drop down window net to have the window net look more authentic to the car on track? Yes, if you prefer a more authentic look over drop down window net or No, if you want to keep the drop down net no matter the look.

Here are sample images:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0772.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	382304Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	382305
    Yes
    93.75%
    No
    6.25%
    sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Yes, make the change but have the net end on a seam and not cut on that angle with "loose" ends hanging off or make an even cut down to the next horizontal seam keeping it all within seams.

I would come one more column of netting towards the front of the car and cut it down one seam right below the inner plastic and let there be one more column one level shorter. Does that make sense in words?

That would replicate the best and still fit within the inner plastic "frame"

Comment

I was confused by the wording of this, do you mean -
      Yes, would be to replace the current drop down window netting with one that is fixed in place, so it can be altered to look closer to the real thing?
      No, to keep it as it is, so it functions similar but looks less like the real thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Luxley View Post
        Yes, would be to replace the current drop down window netting with one that is fixed in place, so it can be altered to look closer to the real thing?
        No, to keep it as it is, so it functions similar but looks less like the real thing?
        You got it

Comment

Originally posted by Luxley View Post
          Correct! Yes, means losing the drop down net.
          sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Please ask your friends to login and vote so we can get a true tally of all our diecast collectors.

We want to make the right call and not step backwards when we think we are stepping forward.

My opinion is too look accurate. I have never once put my window net down on any of my cars and they sit in my display cases. Personally I will take the look over the drop down but want to see how our collectors feel! Thanks everyone!!
            CHECK OUT MY COLLECTION ON LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

I am also for a more accurate look, I was never a fan of the window being able to come down, First 2015 elite i bought i thought my window net was broken because it arrived down lol. I had no idea that you could remove it.

Comment

Sure, make the change! I've never lowered the nets on my cars either.

Comment

I prefer more realistic to must drop down.

Comment

Yes, ditch the drop down in favor of a more accurate window net.

Comment

whichever option gives us more detail

Comment

If a change is made will the new net look like the real net I see in the two examples the die-cast net does not even look like the real net what's with the circle design is that how the nets looked years ago?
                        #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

As long as the window net stays fabric (elites) I'm a YES. Get rid of the drop down.

Comment

More realistic!

Comment

I voted yes and I agree with Don and would like the net's pattern to look more like the real ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X