Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Would you want this on all future diecast?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Would you want this on all future diecast?

Ok gang, here is another thought for a change on 2017 but would like your input. We are looking to add tape marks to the tires/wheels on the standard cars that are sometimes found on raced win diecast. However, we confirmed with the teams that the color of tape is not always consistent because it is all based on preference by the team or tire carrier on any given race day.

We thought this would be a cool added feature to our standard diecast, however, this could mean the tape on the standard diecast will not necessarily match the tape that is run throughout the year on the tires/wheel for a specific diecast.

We are going to chose on generic color that would be printed on every standard diecast. This may be exclusive to ELITE diecast but not yet confirmed as this is an added cost to the car. (Please note this cost will NOT affect a price increase on the ELITE). This is a feature we want to add without an increase and something we thought might be unique but look forward to your votes.

Vote YES to add tape (one standard color) or Vote NO to leave tires/wheels as they are today.

Here is a sample of one done in the past on a raced win.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_K7T4435.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	382334Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4714.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	382335
    Yes
    58.00%
    No
    42.00%
    sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

I like this idea, and I also would like to see the added tire details like are done on the raced win versions please considered. Thanks!

Comment

I like the idea as well but not sure if I would actually like it on the die-cast. I am going to see what the rest of you say and get your idea's. I just wonder if the tires would look like a raced version while the rest of the car is clean.

#24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I like the idea on raced versions. It is not necessary on a 'clean' version as the tape is used to help the tire carrier index the wheel, which they don't need to do before the race.
        Looking for Jimmie Johnson Protos/Samples/Door #'s

Comment

Originally posted by 48dominates View Post
          I like the idea on raced versions. It is not necessary on a 'clean' version as the tape is used to help the tire carrier index the wheel, which they don't need to do before the race.
          But a clean car fresh on the track will have tape lines...right? Cars produced are based on the cars on track as best as possible. Not leaning one way or the other and would like everyones opinion but in my opinion tape still resembles a "clean" car. At least IMO.
          CHECK OUT MY COLLECTION ON LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

My biggest reason for not being sure about this option is because they won't be accurate to what may be used on track, however, I like the look and realism it adds on the other hand. LOL!

Now you see why we want to poll the group. If you a member of other fan boards please share this poll thread so we can get as many votes and input as possible.

Comment

I am all for it. Think it adds another layer of detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmoney View Post
                My biggest reason for not being sure about this option is because they won't be accurate to what may be used on track, however, I like the look and realism it adds .
                I like the realism and just because it is not the right color tape one week, does not mean it will never be right. From what you are saying they could be using a different color tape from week to week...right?

Comment

Yes I'm all for it on all diecasts. I would prefer a bright neon color as the color though.

Comment

No, don't do it. Just 1 more thing for people to complain about if the tape is the wrong color, or not the perfect color, or in the wrong place, or too short, or too long, or too wide, or not wide enough, etc.

Comment

But a clean car fresh on the track will have tape lines...right? Cars produced are based on the cars on track as best as possible. Not leaning one way or the other and would like everyones opinion but in my opinion tape still resembles a "clean" car. At least IMO.
                      So in theory, a "clean" car on pitroad will have the window markings, pull tabs, setup dots etc etc

I vote 'No'... keep it for 'Raced'.
                      "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Ehh the added detail would be nice, but it does throw the look off, so I would say NO for the regular cars, keep it on raced wins
                        Go Joey Logano!!! 5 2014 Wins, 10 2015 Wins, 6 2016 Wins, 3 2017 Wins
                        Next Preorder To Arrive: 2017 Joey Logano Shell-Pennzoil Richmond Win 1/24 Elite
                        Next Dealer Preorder To Arrive: 2017 Joey Logano Pennzoil 1/24 ARC

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
                          So in theory, a "clean" car on pitroad will have the window markings, pull tabs, setup dots etc etc

I vote 'No'... keep it for 'Raced'.
                          It could.....whose to say we weren't thinking about that.

Just polling for opinions. If we added this "ONE" detail would you like to see it or not?

If no, then no.

Be happy we are trying new things and we ask your input. Not sure many other companies do that.

Comment

Be happy we are trying new things and we ask your input. Not sure many other companies do that.
                            Sir, very happy with the company asking for input. My opinion was a counter-argument to yours... I don't think you can have 'one' without the others.

IMO the standard car represents the scheme, not the car on track. 'Raced' is great for all those other details.
                            "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

I'm also a "NO"

Keep it for raced wins so it's accurate. I'm with DW. If we are going to go down this road it needs to be fully traveled ie: window markings, pull tabs, setup dots, etc and that becomes too much for standard cars.

I love the ideas and keep 'em coming. I also appreciate the opportunity to voice my opinion. This is one I would shelve

Comment

Working...
                              X