NASCAR Authentics - Available Online?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR Authentics - Available Online?

Would you like to be able to purchase the 'NASCAR Authentics' Wave/s cars online?

Although I don't collect 1/64 normally, it's fun to get the store/retail versions of my drivers. However, I've having to mainly buy mine from ebay because my local stores either don't carry them, have not had any shipment in many months or they still many, many Waves behind.

If it comes down to cost, I don't mind paying X% more because I would be paying in gas or shipping from ebay and/or the car having a large markup.

I'm not the only one who is in this situation...

Please Lionel, consider offering the 'NASCAR Authentics' version of our favourite driver online.
    Yes
    76.19%
    No
    23.81%
    "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Not sure why they don't other than the agreement may have language about exclusivity at retail level only. Seems to make perfect sense for them to sell online. We all know they would get orders.

Comment

Absolutely I would. Years ago I would drive around all the time looking for cars now it's rare and when I do the cars I want are either gone or beat up from sitting there for a while and I do not want them.
      #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Lionel did have the frist Wave of Haulers i think they was 14.99 Do agree Lastlap im missing the Rest of the Darlington Wave 10,13,18,88
        #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

i would def order online,only one i've found successfully that i wanted at my Walmart was the Harvick Darlington, the 1/64's sell super fast up here.

Comment

I would buy online what I need as well. The stores by me never have any of the cars I am looking for. Its really frustrating....

Comment

There are a lot of reasons that I believe Lionel won't sell these cars directly...
              1. It takes sales away from the retailers and theoretically hurts their business (I know-- even though we can never find them.)
              2. Distribution of these would be a nightmare.
              3. I suspect there would be a lot of people trying to return these if their cards were not "Mint". I can see the complaining now about bent cards. Yet another nightmare scenario.
              4. It would take away from sales of the Action 1/64 line.

Unfortunately, retail distribution has always been an issue. That is what turned me away from WC in the last couple of years of those cars and kept me away from the Spin Master brand of 1/64. I dabble in these but have decided that if I don't find a car, it's not the end of the world. I never saw the Wal-Mart Darlington exclusive wave, and for the life of me can't figure out why they would do anything exclusively with Wal-Mart because in general, individual store managers just don't care.

Comment

For the past few months I have had wave 8 or 9 and there has only been the same one, it's kinda ridiculous that they are this behind here in colorado

Comment

its a retail line,
                  First, I would not pay the shipping costs from
                  and If I miss a few,
                  I keep on the hunt,
                  I only buy Jr or a select Harvick,
                  There are 3 targets and 6 walmart supercenters within 10 miles of my house,
                  ( The Wally DC is 15 miles from me)
                  it may take time, but they always turn up
                  God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by kspool View Post
                    There are a lot of reasons that I believe Lionel won't sell these cars directly...
                    1. It takes sales away from the retailers and theoretically hurts their business (I know-- even though we can never find them.)
                    2. Distribution of these would be a nightmare.
                    3. I suspect there would be a lot of people trying to return these if their cards were not "Mint". I can see the complaining now about bent cards. Yet another nightmare scenario.
                    4. It would take away from sales of the Action 1/64 line.

Unfortunately, retail distribution has always been an issue. That is what turned me away from WC in the last couple of years of those cars and kept me away from the Spin Master brand of 1/64. I dabble in these but have decided that if I don't find a car, it's not the end of the world. I never saw the Wal-Mart Darlington exclusive wave, and for the life of me can't figure out why they would do anything exclusively with Wal-Mart because in general, individual store managers just don't care.
                    they should never started remaking these cars arc 1/64 is enough that takes away funds for 1/24 cars to be made

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post
                      its a retail line,
                      First, I would not pay the shipping costs from
                      and If I miss a few,
                      I keep on the hunt,
                      I only buy Jr or a select Harvick,
                      There are 3 targets and 6 walmart supercenters within 10 miles of my house,
                      ( The Wally DC is 15 miles from me)
                      it may take time, but they always turn up
                      Doesn't matter to myself or others if it's a retail line, we want to be able to purchases our favourite drivers.

The cost from Lionel would be less than most ebay prices, plus E-Points.

It must be great having so many stores near that carry these when most stores for people don't have anything new. My local Walmart has had empty pegs for 6 months now.
                      "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

[QUOTE=My local Walmart has had empty pegs for 6 months now.[/QUOTE]

lol same. I swear the toys at my local Walmart can't be any newer than 2013 era.

But anyway, I'd love to see Lionel sell Authentics waves online, even if it's only in small supply. I can't find any of the waves in stores anymore (to be fair, the Chicago area isn't necessarily a hotbed of NASCAR fans). The two Toys R Us stores near my place used to carry them but they haven't had any in over a year. Not to mention the markup that eBay sellers put on them is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by jschneider8166 View Post
                          lol same. I swear the toys at my local Walmart can't be any newer than 2013 era.

But anyway, I'd love to see Lionel sell Authentics waves online, even if it's only in small supply. I can't find any of the waves in stores anymore (to be fair, the Chicago area isn't necessarily a hotbed of NASCAR fans). The two Toys R Us stores near my place used to carry them but they haven't had any in over a year. Not to mention the markup that eBay sellers put on them is nuts.
                          Im in the Chicagoland Area as well and none of my stores stock the new waves. Im stuck spending 8-10 bucks per car through eBay

Comment

What if Lionel did what Hot Wheels does? They only sell a select number of the case sets for the waves online until they sell out. It would be better for them than selling them individually. Or, they could sell a set of the wave rather than the full master case which stores get in their stock. It's a long shot but it might be more worth while for Lionel and for the collectors, I know for me it would be worth while.

Comment

No. I like the Lionel released 1/64 in boxes. And wouldn't be good buisness to offer both. I am not a fan of blister packs anyways. I get all my 1/64 through Lionel anyways. And the ones that are exclusive to the wave and not released by Lionel site. You can find online on ebay,and other collection groups. I have to do that if I want anyone of the wave due to availability here being almost not. Which as stated above I wouldn't collect the waves anyway,as alot of the cars I have from Lionel.

Comment

Working...
                              X