blank from windshield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blank from windshield

how many people are going to cancel orders because of this issue..my orders alone are over $1000..hopefully if enough people are doing this they will make some sort of change rather than losing this much revenue..I'm curious to see how much revenue is on the line here..and I'm not one to be super picky but this car looks incomplete imo..
    cancel
    48.00%
    keep the order as is
    52.00%

The poll is expired.

it should say front..I don't see an option to correct the title..

Comment

I prefer they not have the blank, but I won't be cancelling because of it. Would be interesting to see how many would pick this option if offered in your poll.

Comment

I hate it, but I don't know what they can do. They had a contract with Jr to fulfill a certain number of autographs if I understood correctly, and he signed all the windshields. So unless they pay Jr another fee to sign em all, it is what it is. I don't see anyway realistically that they can do it, and as bad as it is, no way I will cancel my orders because of it. Besides, if he finishes the race without wrecking, we all know there's gonna be a raced version double dip. And with the black roof as mentioned by another member, it probably won't stand out as bad as the yellow did on the Axalta scheme.

Comment

I switched my autographed version for the standard elite. I prefer the black window, and the more I thought about it, the more I've realized that JR hasn't been a hard autograph to get for me in the past. I'll just get it signed in person by him in the future. I don't intend to sell, so I don't need the COA sticker. Might as well save the $50.

Comment

When they offered, I went without auto, otherwise with special finishes they didn't offer without auto. Not sure if they would waive the $30 fee, but then that would mean no special finishes.

Comment

I don't like it at all, but I will overlook it while holding my nose at it. I recently got the Chase Elliott exclusive Hooters and think it looks terrible and detracts from the car for sure. I ordered the Jr. LC Elite Homestead Autographed but did not find out that it would have this issue until afterwards and now I would have to pay the 30.00 cancellation fee... But I want the car soooo.
              OU812DIDU

Comment

I do not buy many Jr cars but the Johnson and Kahne cars have the same issue and I still buy all of them as I would if the banner was there. I understand the reason behind it knowing it is not because of Lionel making a mistake and not adding it to the car. For me it's better to have a die-cast than to not have a die-cast, Beside's it has a story behind it when you pull the car(s) out you can say see how there is no Monster Energy banner on the windshield? Then you can be a nascar nerd and tell the reason why LOL Which I do not recommend you do on a first couple of date with a new girlfriend they really don't care and might not answer your text again LOL
                #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
                  I do not buy many Jr cars but the Johnson and Kahne cars have the same issue and I still buy all of them as I would if the banner was there. I understand the reason behind it knowing it is not because of Lionel making a mistake and not adding it to the car. For me it's better to have a die-cast than to not have a die-cast, Beside's it has a story behind it when you pull the car(s) out you can say see how there is no Monster Energy banner on the windshield? Then you can be a nascar nerd and tell the reason why LOL Which I do not recommend you do on a first couple of date with a new girlfriend they really don't care and might not answer your text again LOL
                  that's not exactly what I was talking about..but thank you for the dating advice!

Comment

I get the whole windshield debate but "threatening" Lionel with cancelling your $900 or $1000 order is worthless. They had these signed before the sponsor thing was figured out, either buy them or don't I'm sure all the autos will sell out anyway.
                    #iStandWithSharonInCustomerService

Comment

FYI - They're now offering special finishes without Autos (for the Last Ride), and they let me swap.

Comment

Originally posted by waffle88 View Post
                        I get the whole windshield debate but "threatening" Lionel with cancelling your $900 or $1000 order is worthless. They had these signed before the sponsor thing was figured out, either buy them or don't I'm sure all the autos will sell out anyway.
                        it's not a threat..and I'll spend my money however I choose..too many people write posts saying "buy it or don't" obviously I understand those options captain obvious..it's a poll to get a better understanding of the importance of this topic..if you don't want to participate then that's fine but don't imply that I'm making a threat because that is quite an overreach..

Comment

Originally posted by Soon2b8x View Post
                          it's not a threat..and I'll spend my money however I choose..too many people write posts saying "buy it or don't" obviously I understand those options captain obvious..it's a poll to get a better understanding of the importance of this topic..if you don't want to participate then that's fine but don't imply that I'm making a threat because that is quite an overreach..
                          I don't think everyone is understanding what your poll was; I know what you are saying since I am a victim of it. Folks THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MONSTER BANNER, this is about the black paint missing around the entire windsheild. This makes it look very cheap and unfinished. I do not see why the lack of the banner caused the entire windsheild to not have the black trim put around it at all. This also is on Chase Elliott cars so look out.
                          OU812DIDU

Comment

Originally posted by inj9696 View Post
                            I don't think everyone is understanding what your poll was; I know what you are saying since I am a victim of it. Folks THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MONSTER BANNER, this is about the black paint missing around the entire windsheild. This makes it look very cheap and unfinished. I do not see why the lack of the banner caused the entire windsheild to not have the black trim put around it at all. This also is on Chase Elliott cars so look out.
                            I think what had happened is that when these were sent out for the drivers to sign during the initial uncertainty, that the blank ones is what HMS approved. Then after they had been signed, HMS approved the black bordered ones. At least that was what I thought I had heard. So going forward after this season, I would think the black bordered ones will be done, but the windshields for this year, which apparently were all done and signed early and sent to the factories to be installed in cars this year, there's nothing that can be done. Aside from paying drivers to sign again, send the windshields to China, delay production for months, that's it. So while I agree these don't look good at all, there's not much within reason they can be expected to do at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by inj9696 View Post
                              thank you for saying that..I simply created a poll when I learned of this issue and so far like most polls it's been unsuccessful in getting people to vote..I'm guessing that part of the issue is because the polling feature doesn't populate on mobile devices (or at least it doesn't on mine)..

Comment

Working...
                              X