No announcement yet.

What is your preference on jack cutout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your preference on jack cutout?

We would like your feedback. When Lionel Racing is making a raced win die-cast at times the jack cutout may not be in the same area as our standardized die-cast template on the actual tool so the decal on the raced win is off. Would you rather have no cutout on the die-cast mold at all and only used by decal each time or an actual cutout and leave off the decal on raced wins.
    Prefer actual cutout on the diecast mold and leave off decal from raced wins
    77.38%
    Prefer no cutout on the diecast mold and use decal to replicate at all times
    22.62%
    sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

I will say I notice the actual cutout is winning and as someone who works for Lionel I am shocked decal would be voted over the actual cutout. I for one would vote for the cutout on the actual car so it looks more real and leave off the decal on raced wins. I think the real cutout looks better than a decal that may only be shifted back a few inches on the die-cast car. Just my opinion though. Keep feedback coming but at this time it seems like with the split of opinions we would leave the decal off the car all together. Also keep in mind the reason I say this is also because at this time it would be a complete tooling change on the other cars that we wouldn't update until they needed to be changed. Toyota will be changed this year and that is why we proposed the question but at this time it seems like we go with the actual cutout on the car.
    sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Moving forward, will the '15 race wins not include jack points (arrow, markings or jack post [HMS style]) etc unless over the mold cutout?
      "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this on the raced versions!

Comment

cutout w/decal

Comment

Originally posted by jrracer View Post
            cutout w/decal
            Why would you want both?

Comment

Actual cut out for sure...
              Kevin Harvick 2014 Champion/Points-5043/Bonus Points-48/Wins-5/Poles-8/Laps Led-2,137Top 5's-14/AvgFinish-12.92/Laps Led-20.27%/top10's-20 AvgStart-9.1/Total Laps-10,032Top 20's-29/DNF's-2/#of Laps-95.17%

Comment

I'm still not getting the issue on this one. The car should have a cut out. It can have the arrow pointing down for the jack post...centred over the cut out. If the cut out moves from race to race or car to car, how much does it move on the die cast? What are we really talking about? Or am I havin a bad 4th day of the hostage situation (Thursday)?

Comment

Originally posted by earnhardtnorth View Post
                  how much does it move on the die cast?
                  http://lionelracingforum.com/showthr...s-skirt-cutout

Comment

I would like to cast my vote for the cut out in the mold and not a decal.

Comment

Great job with the pics Lastlap. You always do such a good job with that stuff. I for one appreciate the efforts.

Comment

A real cutout. Never been a fan of a black decal representing missing metal.

Comment

should be made just like the real car,no questions asked,maybe not for the arc

Comment

Cut out all the way......... if it's on the car it should be on the diecast

Comment

i think they should just put the tape with the molded cut out, instead of the random offset on the real car, the looks would be better with a minor inaccuracy
                              Go Joey Logano!!! 5 2014 Wins, 10 2015 Wins, 6 2016 Wins, 3 2017 Wins
                              Next Preorder To Arrive: 2017 Joey Logano Shell-Pennzoil Richmond Win 1/24 Elite
                              Next Dealer Preorder To Arrive: 2017 Joey Logano Pennzoil 1/24 ARC

Comment

Working...
                              X