Champion Logo Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion Logo Location

Where would the members of the forum like to see the Champion Logos placed on the Championship die-casts? Note, I know Lionel said this shouldn't change; but I think it'll be educational for everyone. While we don't make up the majority of the collectors, I do believe we make up the majority of the die-hards.

Since trucks are hard tops options are given in a car/truck format
    Roof
    18.46%
    Deck lid/Bed
    47.69%
    Under Hood/Bed
    26.15%
    Under Hood/Roof
    7.69%
    Last edited by brsteg; February 9th, 2018, 11:10 AM.

although i don't collect the trucks under the hood

Comment

I like the Roof. I have Harvick & Chase's Champion Logo cars and they look great sitting next to the standard car. If it's under the hood then there is nothing to tell them apart.

If the logo was to be placed under the hood then the paint needs to be different, a special version not regularly sold. Along the lines of a "Champion's Only" finish etc.

Harvick's ROTY & '01 Busch Champion cars had the logo under the hood and have a different paint, which stands out against the standard car. But his '06 Champion standard just has a small logo on the trunk and gets lost IMO.
      "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
        I like the Roof. I have Harvick & Chase's Champion Logo cars and they look great sitting next to the standard car. If it's under the hood then there is nothing to tell them apart.

If the logo was to be placed under the hood then the paint needs to be different, a special version not regularly sold. Along the lines of a "Champion's Only" finish etc.

Harvick's ROTY & '01 Busch Champion cars had the logo under the hood and have a different paint, which stands out against the standard car. But his '06 Champion standard just has a small logo on the trunk and gets lost IMO.
        I agree with the under the hood comment 100%. I like them on the decklid though. It's subtle but I like seeing the champion logo while displayed. On the roof is just too loud for me.

Comment

Completely with you on this. Itís too small on the deck lid, and under the hood is dumb because you donít have anything telling you whether or not itís different or a champ car on the outside. On the trucks however, I feel they should be on the bed of the truck because itís a larger area and would look really good to me at least.

Comment

I like the logos on the trunk lid , the roof one just takes away some of the car to me. Decks make it simple to me .

Comment

If you put it on the deck lid, it gives the sponsor exposure (which they deserve) but it doesn't look gawdy like it does on the roof.

Comment

I am fine with the champ car logo being on the roof, what I don't like is when we don't get a raced version offered separately like that stupid Buescher raced championship logo car a couple years ago. Should have been a clean champion car and a raced accurate car both offered.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
                  I am fine with the champ car logo being on the roof, what I don't like is when we don't get a raced version offered separately like that stupid Buescher raced championship logo car a couple years ago. Should have been a clean champion car and a raced accurate car both offered.
                  I agree...

Comment

I'm actually exactly the opposite... if like to see the raced version have the champ logo somewhere... visible.

Comment

Problem with decklid is sponsor space. Roof is never an issue with that. Same with trucks, the back "bed" is sponsor space. I also don't care for the roof logos but I understand how folks want them to stand out which means logos under hoods don't really work. I'm not a fan but I think they are rather pigeonholed into the roof for these

Comment

Have the Champion car not on a regular scheme? Something along the lines of the Milestone or Montage cars?

Then the logo could be place anywhere.

Comment

Have the Champion car not on a regular scheme? Something along the lines of the Milestone or Montage cars?

Then the logo could be place anywhere.
                          I don't see that being popular... Now a Truex montage of the whole year might have caught some traction because the whole year(last 2 or 3) was like a real life soap opera.

Comment

Working...
                          X