Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite generation of Elite??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite generation of Elite??

With the changes to elites over the years I am just curious what generation of elites folks prefer. I personally love the first generation with the jewel cases as they continued to improve and feel like real items of value.
    Gen 1 1990 to 2012
    64.91%
    Gen 2 2013 to 2017
    31.58%
    2018 .....
    3.51%

those days are long gone elites started in 1997 2000 - 2012
    Last edited by jrracer; April 9th, 2018, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I think that generalizing 1990 to 2012 iss way too broad. When elites first released they were in small sky boxes. In the late 90's, they went to these huge oversized (and in my opinion) atrocious sky boxes. Some elites delivered without the boxes due to box shortages and customers received cars with just the styrofoam and the gold tag on the styrofoam. The wide body of the 1997 elites was particularly atrocious. The jewel boxes came around in 98-99 and were a mainstay until around 2012 with the exception of 2011. (I believe). The cars themselves, however, did evolve over that time, with the major change coming when NASCAR went to that atrocious COT and the cars being bolted down to the base inside the display. Prior to 2007, cars were simply placed into the jewel boxes and, in general, I never received a damaged diecast. (I did received the wrong car with my very first order from RCCA though, which at the time was being handled by QVC!!)

For a time, the cars in the jewel boxes also came with either a cloth bag or a cover that further protected the car. So from 1990 (Actually elites started in either 96 or 97) until 2012, you could probably break that up into at least three or four more eras.

Comment

Originally posted by kspool View Post
        I think that generalizing 1990 to 2012 iss way too broad. When elites first released they were in small sky boxes. In the late 90's, they went to these huge oversized (and in my opinion) atrocious sky boxes. Some elites delivered without the boxes due to box shortages and customers received cars with just the styrofoam and the gold tag on the styrofoam. The wide body of the 1997 elites was particularly atrocious. The jewel boxes came around in 98-99 and were a mainstay until around 2012 with the exception of 2011. (I believe). The cars themselves, however, did evolve over that time, with the major change coming when NASCAR went to that atrocious COT and the cars being bolted down to the base inside the display. Prior to 2007, cars were simply placed into the jewel boxes and, in general, I never received a damaged diecast. (I did received the wrong car with my very first order from RCCA though, which at the time was being handled by QVC!!)

For a time, the cars in the jewel boxes also came with either a cloth bag or a cover that further protected the car. So from 1990 (Actually elites started in either 96 or 97) until 2012, you could probably break that up into at least three or four more eras.
        I was thinking that but was not sure. Lots of good info though Karl

Comment

Originally posted by kspool View Post

started in 1997 i know i had several

Comment

1997 threw 2008

Comment

Ok so I made it way to general. I guess my question is then what are the proper groups of elites by generation.... first generation through todays.

I consider the ones like in 04 through 2010 to be the height of elite detail. Not sure if they are one generation or two separate through.

Comment

I love the 2017 & 2018 Elite boxes they are easy to open and easy to unscrew the cars next I like the 2010 through 2014 Elite boxes which are the same but with a sleeve which I am not crazy about I hate the 2015 & 2016 boxes the most. Not sure what my favorite Elite was but looking at the 2018 Elite I do like the 2017 a lot more mainly because I liked the engine detail and the tethers a lot more.
                #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

2008 is my favorite, but mainly due to the wing.

Comment

2006/2007 Were in my opinion the best years for Elite's. If I remember correctly, 06/07 had running changes to the wheels. They were die cast as well. I do have a few in my collection. Those were great!

Comment

The first elites came with a stand to display them.

Comment

I have ELITES from 1998, 2011, 2014, and 2016. I think that the 1998 ELITE While cool with it's packaging and coin, lacks alot of details and is very comparable to a 2017 ARC. I have to say that my favorite is my 2011 ELITE, It has alot of fine details that are left off all the newer cars. The 2014 one I own is also nice to have. I think that my 2016 ELITES while having great detail, lack compared to ones from 2011. As far as the 2018 ELITE's I consider them a joke as they lack a ton of details over a 2017 ELITE and they no longer have the individual COA but I think it is the best that Lionel can do to still make a profit.
                        Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

My favorite elites range from 2006 to 2017. Iím reserving my judgement on the 2018 elites until I receive my first one in May.

Comment

Anything that Action made.

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

Comment

Iím a fan of the 03-06 Monte Carlos. Theyíre pretty sharp.

Comment

Working...
                              X