ELITE Box Change, What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELITE Box Change, What do you think?

Just wondering what you guys think of the new change, so poll time!
    I personally really like it, but I want to see the overall impressions. Answer away!
    Like it
    63.01%
    Dont like it
    12.33%
    Indifferent
    24.66%

I am all for it...looks like they will be secure. And I don't have to remove the **** screws anymore lol
    Levi

Comment

I could care less. How is the arc packaging being done? They said no more foam for those either.

Comment

If there secured Iím all in , they way they came with all the styrofoam was great ,those cars didnít move in a box. Only time will tell

Comment

As long as the box doesn't move I'm all in. I'm really happy there will be no more screws on elites. I absolutely hated the screws.

Comment

Are we going to be charge more for shipping?

Comment

As long as there is something (cloth, tissue paper, etc) to keep the plastic from wearing the paint down, then I think it's a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by carguy03 View Post
                As long as there is something (cloth, tissue paper, etc) to keep the plastic from wearing the paint down, then I think it's a great idea

Yeah thats my only worry as well. Will be a period of trial and error I'm sure.

Comment

Never any problem taking screws out, putting them back in for resale, that's another story.

Comment

I have to get one in my hands to really decide. I like the idea of no screws if the car is secure and tight and does not move at all. I hate the look of that black base it's bulky and visually does not look good to me at all, as well as the plastic top could look a little better. I do not like the idea if there is no tissue or cloth between the plastic top and die-cast with no screws you know that die-cast will be moving around against that plastic cover. I love there is no more Styrofoam it got all over the place on the Elite box on the floor I'm glad that is gone. I never had a prob taking out or putting back the screws the cars were secure and tight with the screws and did not move at all that is a biggie with me. I like the look of things and I love how the Die-cast is now I do not like the Styrofoam packed around the Elite box for shipping it's a mess so again without touching and seeing one and just going by what I see I do not like the change. I like the idea of no screws and no messy styrofoam but the two things I do not like is the ugly black base and no tissue in-between the car and plastic. I know this is long worded but I hardly ever yap about a topic so this is my one time in a while lol.
                    Last edited by DonCarp; June 12th, 2018, 11:13 AM.
                    #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
                      I have to get one in my hands to really decide. I like the idea of no screws if the car is secure and tight and does not move at all. I hate the look of that black base it's bulky and visually does not look good to me at all, as well as the plastic top could look a little better. I do not like the idea if there is no tissue or cloth between the plastic top and die-cast with no screws you know that die-cast will be moving around against that plastic cover. I love there is no more Styrofoam it got all over the place on the Elite box on the floor I'm glad that is gone. I never had a prob taking out or putting back the screws the cars were secure and tight with the screws and did not move at all that is a biggie with me. I like the look of things and I love how the Die-cast is now I do not like the Styrofoam packed around the Elite box for shipping it's a mess so again without touching and seeing one and just going by what I see I do not like the change. I like the idea of no screws and no messy styrofoam but the two things I do not like is the ugly black base and no tissue in-between the car and plastic. I know this is long worded but I hardly ever yap about a topic so this is my one time in a while lol.
                      I agree the bottom is bulky, but it seems to be the same bottom from the clamshell cases they used to have for elites, just not in the clamshell so it makes it look different.
                      I think the new boxes and packaging reminds me very much of the clamshell, whiteout it being the clamshell which is what many people wanted back

Comment

It looks to be the same exact base as the old Elite boxes but it looked okay with those boxes because it tucked down in the jewel case / box and the entire inside of the Elite case was black so it blended in well. I wonder if Lionel can give me the number to the factory and I can buy a ton of the left over Styrofoam box thingy's not that I would be able to talk to those guys.
                        #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

It looks to be the same exact base as the old Elite boxes but it looked okay with those boxes because it tucked down in the jewel case / box and the entire inside of the Elite case was black so it blended in well. I wonder if Lionel can give me the number to the factory and I can buy a ton of the left over Styrofoam box thingy's not that I would be able to talk to those guys.
                          是的,我正在考慮同樣的事情。 我一直喜歡早期的ELITE盒子。 一世
                          有一個適合我1998年的Bobby Labonte Small Soldiers,我非常喜歡它的品質。 我非常樂觀地看到這將如何出現。 祝你好運,試圖與工廠人溝通,懷疑你是否足夠聰明地翻譯這個,如果你是那麼值得一個餅乾大聲笑 。
                          Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

Since they said it's a rolling change, Im assuming they're going to be using all of what they have left

Comment

Originally posted by KEMMO View Post

是的,我正在考慮同樣的事情。 我一直喜歡早期的ELITE盒子。 一世
                              有一個適合我1998年的Bobby Labonte Small Soldiers,我非常喜歡它的品質。 我非常樂觀地看到這將如何出現。 祝你好運,試圖與工廠人溝通,懷疑你是否足夠聰明地翻譯這個,如果你是那麼值得一個餅乾大聲笑 。
                              Love this! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X