ELITE Box Change, What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12PenskeFan View Post
    What does the knew elite box looks like?
    Right here.

This will be a rolling change but we have received our first #1 and door number die-cast today with the change. Due to a new regulation that may be coming

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
      LionelRacing Will there be a plastic insert to replace the foam piece that supported the corner?
      For the ARC? Yes, I guess i should have photographed that as well. It is a plastic piece.
      sigpic

CLICK HERE and CHECK OUT THE NEW LIONEL GARAGE!

Comment

Thanks. Great News!
        "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by LionelRacing View Post
          Here is the ARC box. It comes on a black plastic base and will be screwed down because of the base it is on.
          How easily does that come off, how easily does it go back on... that could make trying to get auto's an extra pain in the A.

Comment

I will add that I do dig the black base though.

Comment

Originally posted by brsteg View Post

How easily does that come off, how easily does it go back on... that could make trying to get auto's an extra pain in the A.
              I am assuming it is the same as the current styrofoam.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LionelRacing View Post

I am assuming it is the same as the current styrofoam.
                Not at all unless I'm looking at it wrong. Looks like 1 solid piece of plastic. Current stryo. you pop 2 pieces of tape and the the plastic top is move like a lid you flip over or put else where.
                This looks like you have to undo from the bottom and take the whole larger piece off and carry around and then try to get fit back on. (Sounds simply until you are in a crowd, and have other things in your hands etc.)

Or am I looking at it wrong and it has multiple pieces?
                Last edited by brsteg; June 21st, 2018, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I must not clearly understand what you are asking. I assume you meant how easily does it come of the base. I only meant, it is put on the same as it was with the styrofoam and the same screws are used for this new base. If you are referring to the plastic top I don't think it is taped down at all. It just sets over the car and fits perfectly over the car and base.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the plastic coming off in reference in trying to get it off for autos and then back on to put in the box to take back home. It looks like it will be more cumbersome.

Comment

LionelRacing, I've seen it mentioned in this thread but I don't see where it has been addressed. Will the elites have any kind of protection from the plastic inserts rubbing on the paint, such as a cloth or tissue like the old truck diecast that weren't screwed down in the styrofoam?

Comment

Originally posted by silverbeast View Post
                        LionelRacing, I've seen it mentioned in this thread but I don't see where it has been addressed. Will the elites have any kind of protection from the plastic inserts rubbing on the paint, such as a cloth or tissue like the old truck diecast that weren't screwed down in the styrofoam?
                        Not at this time. The samples we received didn't have any issues. This could be a rolling change.....let's see how everything turns out.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brsteg View Post
                          Yes, I was referring to the plastic coming off in reference in trying to get it off for autos and then back on to put in the box to take back home. It looks like it will be more cumbersome.
                          It's really not. The top just sets over the base. It is not even taped down since it fits snug in the box.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X