41.38%
    NBC
    37.93%
    Doesn’t matter
    21.84%

• brsteg
    replied
    Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post

Ralph did commentary on TNT and he was terrible.
    I felt the TNT package was bad a a whole. Didn't mind Ralph on the call.

As I'm thinking about it, ESPN always had the best coverage. Back in the day it was the best with Bob, Benny and Ned. But even that grew a little stale. FOX pushed things and made coverage and graphics much better. But FOX had gotten stale and ESPN's new team of Bestwich, DJ, Andy Petree and the return of favorites like Dr. Jerry Punch and John Kernan made for something special. ESPN was the best coverage on TV at the time of their exit.

I think NBC has the best format, content, and graphics. I think NBC took what FOX had done right and abandoned and gave it lots of love and new life while keeping an ESPN feel that I can't really put a finger on. Maybe it's just that Dale Jarrett is on board and I'm such a DJ fan.

NBC's on air talent could use some tweaking. I think Jr. has been great in the booth, while at the same time not disagreeing a lot with your original comments.

Leave a comment:

• Biggums7
    replied
    Originally posted by brsteg View Post

Really... I've always been pretty big on Ralph. He's not Bob Jenkins, but who is.

I don't hate Rick, but there's better. I think he's great as part of the team; but when it's time for him to makes the calls on his own... He's kinda spotty.
    Ralph did commentary on TNT and he was terrible.

Leave a comment:

• brsteg
    replied

i'll take rick allen over ralph sheheen anyday

Really... I've always been pretty big on Ralph. He's not Bob Jenkins, but who is.

I don't hate Rick, but there's better. I think he's great as part of the team; but when it's time for him to makes the calls on his own... He's kinda spotty.
    I don't listen to the radio often; but when you hear their call in highlights; I'd think a number of those guys could probably do an outstanding job transitioning to lead commentator on TV. I just don't know them by name.

Leave a comment:

• brsteg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Teach
    replied
    Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post

That's hilarious
    Thanks, Patty’s line

Leave a comment:

• FreakyFast4ord
    replied
    Originally posted by The Teach View Post

the squeaky voices might come from over tightening the seat belts over the years.
    That's hilarious

Leave a comment:

• The Teach
    replied
    Originally posted by Seba View Post
    I thought Jeff Gordon in the booth was bad, but Little E was way worse for me, didn't like it at all. The pairing of him, Burton & Letarte is pretty awful to my ears. Like someone else already mentioned, all three have really high pitched "squeaky" voices, pretty annoying. I had a hard time figuring out which of the three was talking at certain points in time, because they sound very similar too.
    I'd love Kyle Petty & Dale Jarrett in the booth.
    Personally I can’t find fault with any of it, but the squeaky voices might come from over tightening the seat belts over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Biggums7
    replied

Dump Burton for DJ, dump Rick for Ralph Sheheen, keep Steve, keep Jr. Let's make television magic.

Leave a comment:

• brsteg
    replied
    I thought Jeff Gordon in the booth was bad, but Little E was way worse for me, didn't like it at all. The pairing of him, Burton & Letarte is pretty awful to my ears. Like someone else already mentioned, all three have really high pitched "squeaky" voices, pretty annoying. I had a hard time figuring out which of the three was talking at certain points in time, because they sound very similar too.
    Dump Burton for DJ, dump Rick for Ralph Sheheen, keep Steve, keep Jr. Let's make television magic.

Leave a comment:

• BoomConfetti
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• truexfan78
    replied
    Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post
    Not a bad job today and I love that they let Latarte and Junior do their thing towards the end. Had a real genuine feel to it and their enthusiasm was infectious. Can't wait to hear Junior at Daytona for plate racing. They still had some technical issues but it was their first weekend. I really like the Junior addition and the relationship that he and Letarte have
    Yeah I said the same thing about Letarte and Junior on YouTube. I totally agree, the only downside was the blackouts on TV, pretty great otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• FreakyFast4ord
    replied
    Not a bad job today and I love that they let Latarte and Junior do their thing towards the end. Had a real genuine feel to it and their enthusiasm was infectious. Can't wait to hear Junior at Daytona for plate racing. They still had some technical issues but it was their first weekend. I really like the Junior addition and the relationship that he and Letarte have

Leave a comment:

• truexfan78
    replied
    NBC did such a great job today my opinion just changed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X