Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Control - How has it impacted your ordering this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Control - How has it impacted your ordering this year?

I thought that we are now far enough in the year where this warrants a discussion. Not a bash fest but a true and thoughtful discussion. Obviously I will be happy to expand the voting options if folks would like some alternatives. But I think most folks will fall into one of these areas, the hard core into the last one.

Obviously with the retirement of some drivers folks might draw back some. But I know for me personally the reduction in detail paired with the having to return 5 cars so far this year due to defects in either paint and decal tears, broken parts, and other issues. I can say I have cut back significantly. I has not stopped me from buying altogether but it has definitely put a sour taste in my mouth as a collector and fan. And made me take a very hard look at my support for this hobby going forward.

The results are all over the place making it hard to judge if the problems raised are being addressed. We are told they are being discussed, at what level we have no real idea. But I want to put my faith in the desire for Lionel to correct the problems. That being said my QA Frustration page would show otherwise in some cases.

*** The question is:

How has the increase in quality control and assurance errors in diecasts impacted your pre-order of new cars compared to years past and even this year?
    I stopped pre-ordering and wait to see released product before purchasing
    4.88%
    I have cut back quite a bit
    35.37%
    Everything is great!
    30.49%
    Loss of quality and detail made me quit collecting new cars!
    9.76%
    I started collecting older items now instead.
    7.32%
    Still ordering at the same rate, disappointed with the reduction in product quality
    12.20%
    Last edited by Alan Harkleroad; September 19th, 2018, 12:29 PM.

i Havent Had Many Issues but sticking with The ARC'S and 1/64 Along with Xfinty AND Trucks Diecast
    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

I have not pre-ordered any 2018 elites from Lionel this year, but I do not believe my reasons fall into any of the above choices. I have had a large number of elites cross my desk for pictures, but have not seen the issues many others have. Maybe a loose window or something along those lines. I personally do not like the loss of detail on the elites and arc, but maybe that is a discussion for a different poll. The very worst era for me was the early to mid 2000's when RCCA tried to put too much detail in the front of the car and a loose or disconnected front wheel was the norm. I probably had a dozen or more of them. If someone points out a defect to me it does become obvious, but I just don't look that close. With Jr. done, the loss of detail on elites, and the ability to buy elites for less than Lionel charges, pre-ordering from Lionel is just not something I do any longer.

Comment

This is my first year with a job so it has allowed me to pre-order more cars. So far the cars that I have received this year have been perfect but I hate to see all of you have your struggles for a great diecast. I have a little bit of concern about the errors we've been seeing but it hasn't impacted me. I also like to buy some of the older cars because they are better quality but also because I missed out on being able to order them when they were released.
        Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

I have ordered every blaney offered for my wife and both the chase elliott duel win (received it today and all is well) and the glen win. I would say the main reason I have cut back is due to smoke retiring. On the 3 or 4 cars I have received for 2018 luckily I have had no issues. I will say this. I do not like the plastic tops on the elites. I do wish they came in the cloth slip covers of old. I do like the black base on the ARC's however, agian I do not like the plastic top.

Comment

I had to vote "Everything is Great" only because I have ordered the most cars so far this year than I ever have because of all the winning Harvick has done. Even though I know everything is not great. So far I have only received the Harvick Texas win and Atlanta wins and both of them have been perfect but there is still a lot on preorder so only time will really tell for me.
            "In life in general, you're never bulletproof, about the time you start thinking that, I always tell people, the karma train will come run you over." Kevin Harvick

Comment

My Harvick Atlanta 18 was perfect as well, maybe the Ford bodies have less issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoshal13 View Post
                My Harvick Atlanta 18 was perfect as well, maybe the Ford bodies have less issues?
                Iíve definitely seen less wrap problems on the Fords, and have seen less 3 wheeling Fords more recently, although I did have some of those last year and a couple this year.

Comment

I wouldn't say everything is great but I had to vote that way because I have pre-ordered every Bubba and Chase car so far this year. I would say it hasn't stopped me from ordering but man do I get scared of opening the packages now rather than being pumped to open them...
                  Levi

Comment

I have cut back quite a bit. Did not care for the loss of details in 2018 and do not really consider the "Elites" an Elite level product any longer. I have only pre-ordered the Harvick race wins and club exclusive Autos. The first one for 2018 (Atlanta) was a return for 3 wheeling and paint chips. Replacement should be here today finally.

Will see how the rest come out. If I continue to experience issues this will be my last year. I have also begun selling off some of the collection.

Comment

I cancelled all my elites and Iím on the verge of cancelling the trucks I have on order and get them elsewhere when they come out. Reasoning is there is no communication to the Customer to say something. And if I buy a Elite ever again it will not be from Lionel until something is said to reassure us that there working on issues. Kills me to say all this but when you read all this on the forum and nothing is told to us . Iíll use my money elsewhere to start a new hobby

Comment

Been getting my 18 ARC from a dealer. Cheaper on cost & shipping, so I don't mind an issue because I know I'm playing less for it. It's not great, but I want the scheme in the collection.

BUT... I have been going back and buying older Diecast.
                        "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Got 2 cars today look really good to me love new packaging also

Comment

received my rowdy win cars today and no problems at all thankfully

Comment

Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post
                              received my rowdy win cars today and no problems at all thankfully
                              Whatís a Rowdy win car?

Comment

Working...
                              X