Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quality Control - How has it impacted your ordering this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 was my last year of collecting. With the loss of detail, becoming more of a toy car, I decided to fully quit. I scaled back years ago when they started cutting back on detail but the 2018 cut was enough.

Comment

Once all my preorders from Plan B are done for the year, Iíll probably cut back even more. Canceling all my RCCA preorders after the Harvick Vegas fiasco. This just isnít as fun as it used to be. Iíll probably get Harvick wins fro Plan B until he retires, then Iím out, except for buying some UoR stuff. Quality is much better and customer service is awesome with them.

Comment

While we dont represent the entire collector base if you look at the numbers so far. 76 votes, of which 2/3rds of folks have change how they spend their money in one way or another. A third are happy. I wonder if we put this poll out in a big public offering what the numbers might look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post
          While we dont represent the entire collector base if you look at the numbers so far. 76 votes, of which 2/3rds of folks have change how they spend their money in one way or another. A third are happy. I wonder if we put this poll out in a big public offering what the numbers might look like?
          I suspect that with the addition of the Authentics Line to retail, and the increased sales of ARCís with the price and format change, that what we think means very little to them. The Harvick Vegas fiasco in both lack of care in ensuring it was right to begin with, and the inadequate follow up by refusing to take a loss and provide what was advertised proves that. They say our feedback matters, but actions speak louder than words. I received 6 ARCís from Plan B yesterday. None of them had any significant problems. It seems to be the elites that have the issues. Iíd be surprised if RCCA is even around in a few more years seeing how it doesnít seem to be much of a focus now. I emailed Lionel corporate a week ago. You know what response I got? Crickets. That being said, the moderator here did respond quickly, although I donít agree with what he had to say, I do appreciate his quick response. I think we havenít seen the last of the disappointment on the hardcore collector side.

Comment

I have cut back, but it's hard to discern the amount of attribution related to quality control issues, as there are multiple reasons -
            1. Retirement of Dale Jr.
            2. Decrease in detail.
            3. They seem to want to put up hurdles to taking my money (ex: more stuff involves calling in, and while the reps I've spoken to have been great, I need to justify stopping everything else I'm in the middle of).
            4. When they do take my money, the time between them taking it and me actually receiving something has grown quite a bit.
            5. Hassle of QC issues, potentially having to send something back.
            6. Prices and popularity have dropped. While I don't plan on selling, if I am forced to for some unforeseen reason, it will be for pennies compared to what I spent (and it seems prices just continue dropping).

Regardless, I doubt my decrease will change their direction much, I'm guessing they've had a good increase of orders since prices have gone down, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X