Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Newman right or wrong that late in the race?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Newman right or wrong that late in the race?

Was Newman right or wrong for racing the leader to stay on the lead lap, that late in the race?

Right
    31.34%
    Wrong
    68.66%
    Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Given the circumstances of his playoff situation, he was absolutely right to be racing how he was. Even though I anted Matt to win, I can't discount why Newman was driving that way

Comment

dumb, but right. Should have at least cleared him though

Comment

He was right. Try and stay on lead lap. His job isnít to let others pass him.

Comment

Heís within his right to race as he chooses. At the end of the race though, I wouldnít want to be that guy that effects the race between the leaders. Itís up to the leaders to cure him of that though, and someone will eventually if he does it to the wrong guy.

Comment

Newman better hope he's not near DiBenedetto if he's in position to win any playoff races (assuming he gets in). Respect begets respect. I hate that Newman got a pass on this. Hamlin might've still got him, but he clearly affected the end of the race.
            Looking for Jimmie Johnson Protos/Samples/Door #'s

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
              Heís within his right to race as he chooses. At the end of the race though, I wouldnít want to be that guy that effects the race between the leaders. Itís up to the leaders to cure him of that though, and someone will eventually if he does it to the wrong guy.
              Within his right and right thing to do are two different things. This poll is more about was it the right thing to do.
              Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

Originally posted by one4smoke View Post

Within his right and right thing to do are two different things. This poll is more about was it the right thing to do.
                I understand, which is why i voted it was wrong. Total clown move on Newmanís part.

Comment

I would give Newman a bit of a break if he truly raced EVERYONE that way. The argument falls apart because he let Hamlin go in the next corner.
                  Levi

Comment

I understand that many don't like Newman and what he did. but hopefully you realize he was racing big picture. If Matt D wins the race, Newman is NOT in the playoffs. Matt D gets the final spot. Obviously he (or someone on the team) was aware of the possibility which also explains why he let Hamlin go.

https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/09/12...-playoff-spot/

Comment

Working...
                    X