Will you be buying a Icon Finish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you be buying a Icon Finish?

Seems to be a love/hate for this finish so far. Curious to know your guys thoughts...
    Yes
    19.78%
    No
    53.85%
    Undecided
    26.37%

The poll is expired.

I do love the chrome finish and the graphics on the car they look really Awesome. I would like to say I will only buy one but I'm sure I will pick up a couple. I always like to have the first release of any new finish in Elite but at $200 each and such a large QTY made (1524) I will not be buying all of each paint scheme made.
    #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I would buy a few special Harvick pieces if they come to be but I would like to see the production runs a 'little' smaller. So for me it would be a YES if a Harvick one is produced.

Comment

Only Harvick and only his regular Bud scheme... if and when available, maybe.

Originally posted by Thisbuds4you View Post
        I would like to see the production runs a 'little' smaller.
        Originally posted by ICON Collection
        strictly limited to 1,524 pieces — no more will ever be made
        So no different then a regular Elite really with a set run. Why make it sound more exclusive & rare?
        "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Ummmm no! I think Lionel is getting ridiculous with this special finish stuff. Unless it touches the track in real life then it shouldn't exsist. This company is ruining our hobby and fast.

Comment

I WILL have some!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
              Ummmm no! I think Lionel is getting ridiculous with this special finish stuff. Unless it touches the track in real life then it shouldn't exsist. This company is ruining our hobby and fast.
              Agreed. And iconic cars are ones that do something on the track, not run one race and finish 23rd.

Comment

None, whatsoever.

Comment

I don't even think these are elites. At 1524 produced for $200 a pop, absolutely not. Reminds me of the Presidential Platinum cars they produced for Rusty and Jeff Gordon way back when. If you look at history, the once hot white gold and platinum elites are selling for about half of what they retailed for, and they were produced with 25-50 made (some up to 100). I don't foresee good things for this program at all.

Comment

I wonder of the people that are interested if they would buy one, a few, or all six. Will there be a clear favorite? Maybe if they sell like hotcakes some of the profit can go towards new truck molds.
                    Check out my Showcase on Lionel Garage!

Comment

Originally posted by Pensketucky View Post
                      I wonder of the people that are interested if they would buy one, a few, or all six. Will there be a clear favorite? Maybe if they sell like hotcakes some of the profit can go towards new truck molds.
                      Lol... Oh wait, you're serious? They don't care about the fans, or they wouldn't have removed the engines from the ARC's. Look at an elite now, its missing parts. The paint is even cheaper now. The Diecast material is weaker and thinner. Raced versions are becoming sparatic at best. Do you actually believe they are going to make a new truck mold? I worked tool and die for years, they could have had one made in only a couple months if they really wanted to. Sorry to say but this company only sees $$$. The fan is second.

Comment

If they come out with some Earnhardt, I will think about getting ONE!

Comment

Not getting any of these. Not sure why they would rather make special finishes instead of race wins which actually have historical value.

Comment

Lets face it most of the collectors who will be buying this first series are 1. Jeff Gordon fans and 2. fans of Special Finish die-cast that are most likely Jeff Gordon fans. Most everyone else is making a point to not like them because their driver is not Jeff Gordon. I know if it was any other driver than Gordon I would not buy them and that's all I would do is not buy them I would not say anything else about them. What I do know is when they come out with other drivers in the Icon series I will check them out on the site and I hope I see some pictures of them in the show and tell from other forum members who bought them because I am a fan of special finish die-cast.
                            #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I am really excited about this new diecast, and as days go by and I read more about them I get even more excited. My only complaint is I do wish I could hold one before I invest $1,000 in 5 of them before I get one. I know we can cancel orders, but I never have and I hope I never feel the need to back out on a diecast commitment.

Comment

Working...
                              X