Will you be buying a Icon Finish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank4202
    started a poll Will you be buying a Icon Finish?

Will you be buying a Icon Finish?

Yes
    19.78%
    No
    53.85%
    Undecided
    26.37%

The poll is expired.

Seems to be a love/hate for this finish so far. Curious to know your guys thoughts...

• ghosthonor
    replied
    Yes, why?I collect Gordon, I don't collect to get value out later. It's his last year. I am a diehard fan.Oh and I like new diecast not second hand. As for the Lionel ruining the Hobby comments........They have come out with a great product. The elites are detailed and beautiful. The raced versions are works of art! You want raced versions??? Preorder them then if you are a fan! Am dissappointed that the arc engine is not a true engine anymore. Hate the Box! But that is my only complaints. Oh and Lionel does care for their customers! What other company gives things away every week, month, and discounts venues for their members, gives them a forum for their members to give them feedback???? Some of you need to get a grip. BUT Yall Are Entitled to your complaints. Won't be comming back to this thread, just believe too differently than others.

Leave a comment:

• no1dejfan
    replied
    Only one i would want, only if a true platinum one is not offered is Johnsons 75th win to go with the gordon and Earnhardt Platinums.

Leave a comment:

• Lastlap
    replied
    Originally posted by earnhardtnorth View Post
    I am an ARC collector due to cost. So these are out of range for me. But would like to see one someday, maybe EBay way down the road.
    I'm a fellow ARC collector but I would budget for one of these if a Harvick is available. The cost of one of these is less then 4 ARC.

Leave a comment:

• earnhardtnorth
    replied
    I am an ARC collector due to cost. So these are out of range for me. But would like to see one someday, maybe EBay way down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Kahne 5 Fan
    replied
    Nope, not interested the least bit. Can kill the vintage, raw, rampage, galaxy, and so on also.
    I liked the white gold copper and raced win finishes.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Harkleroad
    replied
    There are a few I want, but I want some of his 2015 cars in elite more and can get 2 of them or one of these. Its a pretty easy choice, or 3 ARC of a car for one of these. Just simple math, while pretty and Jeff is my driver I want more schemes for my collection. If they were not starting at $200 a car I might get one if it were dropped down to say $150, but $200 is more then I will pay for most of these cars, especially his schemes for 2015. Most of them are down right horrible. Of the 6 I would only buy 3 if they were in a price model I could live with. Axalta Standard, Panasonic, and Pepsi. The DTEH is probably the worst of all the versions he has had since they came on board, and the 3M is the same way.

Leave a comment:

• The Teach
    replied
    Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
    Sorry Teach I really meant to say: Bottom Line People are AWESOME!
    lol !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DonCarp
    replied
    Sorry Teach I really meant to say: Bottom Line People are AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• The Teach
    replied
    Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
    Bottom line people are nuts.
    Hey now, I resemble that remark lol

Leave a comment:

• DonCarp
    replied
    Originally posted by kspool View Post
    I don't even think these are elites. At 1524 produced for $200 a pop, absolutely not. Reminds me of the Presidential Platinum cars they produced for Rusty and Jeff Gordon way back when. If you look at history, the once hot white gold and platinum elites are selling for about half of what they retailed for, and they were produced with 25-50 made (some up to 100). I don't foresee good things for this program at all.
    So let me ask a question, every Die-cast car you buy is for half the retail price and every Die-cast that you buy will at least double in value or you do not buy it? Maybe I should ask how many cars have you bought at retail price that has lost value? Some collectors like to buy diecast from ebay but I like to know what my diecast has gone through before I owned them because I like mint. I have seen a few collections that the box, sleeve, cars were all torn up and that's not what I want I rather pay retail. I cannot believe how many collectors are hung up on the value of a diecast unless you are buying them just to turn around and resell them on ebay to make a profit like that bloodmaroon seller. Not to mention half of everything we all buy we will never get all if any of our money back. Not to mention the reality of most collectors is when their items are worth a lot they want to keep them, no way in hell will they ever sell them and then when they are worth crap they want to sell them but at full retail or more, Bottom line people are nuts.

Leave a comment:

• jrracer
    replied
    I don't even think these are elites. At 1524 produced for $200 a pop, absolutely not. Reminds me of the Presidential Platinum cars they produced for Rusty and Jeff Gordon way back when. If you look at history, the once hot white gold and platinum elites are selling for about half of what they retailed for, and they were produced with 25-50 made (some up to 100). I don't foresee good things for this program at all.
    they are elites

Leave a comment:

• Gael
    replied
    Originally posted by JaRoss View Post
    My guess is that the program will be discontinued before one of these is ever produced for my driver.
    I figured Dick Trickle would be next in line.

Leave a comment:

• JaRoss
    replied
    My guess is that the program will be discontinued before one of these is ever produced for my driver.

Leave a comment:

• BRISTOLFAN
    replied
    spot on kspool

Leave a comment:

Working...
X