Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Kyle Busch be allowed in the chase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should Kyle Busch be allowed in the chase?

    Should Kyle Busch, or any driver who doesn't start all 26 races, get in the chase?

    Yes! A driver shouldn't have to compete in all races to be chase eligible.

    No! A driver should have to compete in all races to be chase eligible.
    55
    Yes! Drivers shouldn't have to compete in all races.
    61.82%
    34
    No! Drivers should have to compete in all races.
    38.18%
    21

  • #2
    I think so 100% as a huge Stewart fan I watched Tony get the same chance Kyle is getting. All Tony had to do was win one race last year once he came back and he was in the chase. Kyle IMO has raced his way in 100%.

    Comment


    • #3
      I can't vote oneway or the other on this pole. I think NASCAR made a call for Tony, Kyle, Denny, Kurt based on their situation and circumstances, and I am okay with their decision. The choices given don't realty take into cosideration NASCAR's input the way I read them. Maybe you designed that way, but for a sport based on the gray, there does not seem to be any.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have to vote "Yes" as this poll is designed because I do agree with the medical waiver rule. If you make the Chase based on performance so be it. It does a lot for the team, sponsors, and drivers.

        However, I don't believe you should be Championship eligible. If you make the cut as it goes on that's fine but you can't be one of the final 4 in Homestead if you haven't at least started all points races in a season. That's the one caveat that's needed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Thisbuds4you View Post
          I have to vote "Yes" as this poll is designed because I do agree with the medical waiver rule. If you make the Chase based on performance so be it. It does a lot for the team, sponsors, and drivers.

          However, I don't believe you should be Championship eligible. If you make the cut as it goes on that's fine but you can't be one of the final 4 in Homestead if you haven't at least started all points races in a season. That's the one caveat that's needed.
          I have to ask then, why allow them to be in the chase? If they're not championship eligible, then you've simply eliminated 2 teams from contention. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your meaning? My poll was designed to ask what YOU would do if you made the decision for Nascar--medical waiver aside. I myself wouldn't have a waiver of any kind. For me, that pays homage to the Winston Cup Championship--while also ushering in a new era.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Teach View Post
            I can't vote oneway or the other on this pole. I think NASCAR made a call for Tony, Kyle, Denny, Kurt based on their situation and circumstances, and I am okay with their decision. The choices given don't realty take into cosideration NASCAR's input the way I read them. Maybe you designed that way, but for a sport based on the gray, there does not seem to be any.
            the teach that is what i been saying
            #SupportLangleySpeedway

            Comment


            • #7
              The way kyle has raced absofreakinglutly he should be in the chase. 3 wins in 4 races.
              Let's say this let's say he wasn't hurt and ran the other 11 races and finished 30th each time out. What would people say then? Pretty safe bet if he would have been able to run those races kyle could have managed a top 30 average.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by J Rami View Post
                I have to ask then, why allow them to be in the chase? If they're not championship eligible, then you've simply eliminated 2 teams from contention. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your meaning? My poll was designed to ask what YOU would do if you made the decision for Nascar--medical waiver aside. I myself wouldn't have a waiver of any kind. For me, that pays homage to the Winston Cup Championship--while also ushering in a new era.
                Yea not sure the meaning was that clear actually. There is no mention of NASCAR or the medical waiver rule. Teach touched on that as well. Maybe it should have been a yes or no on the medical waiver rule. There is a lot of gray area here

                What I'm saying is that the benefit of the being in the Chase in terms of media coverage and merchandising is rather substantial so that's fine but come Homestead you simply can't win the Championship. Not sure what you mean by eliminating 2 teams from contention. If said driver doesn't make the cut in any of the Chase rounds than you have the standard four at the end. If they do make it all the way through then it comes down to the 3 eligible for the Championship based on having to have at least started all points races during the year in order to be the Champion for that season.

                The medical waiver rule was designed to make sure drivers take the time to heal and be 100% healthy but I still think Kyle came back too soon based on the points placement rule so it seems somewhat counter productive. NASCAR just needs to quit making it up as they go to suit what they want in terms of ratings and coverage. It is time for the France family to step out of the decision making process.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Thisbuds4you View Post
                  Yea not sure the meaning was that clear actually. There is no mention of NASCAR or the medical waiver rule. Teach touched on that as well. Maybe it should have been a yes or no on the medical waiver rule. There is a lot of gray area here

                  What I'm saying is that the benefit of the being in the Chase in terms of media coverage and merchandising is rather substantial so that's fine but come Homestead you simply can't win the Championship. Not sure what you mean by eliminating 2 teams from contention. If said driver doesn't make the cut in any of the Chase rounds than you have the standard four at the end. If they do make it all the way through then it comes down to the 3 eligible for the Championship based on having to have at least started all points races during the year in order to be the Champion for that season.











                  The medical waiver rule was designed to make sure drivers take the time to heal and be 100% healthy but I still think Kyle came back too soon based on the points placement rule so it seems somewhat counter productive. NASCAR just needs to quit making it up as they go to suit what they want in terms of ratings and coverage. It is time for the France family to step out of the decision making process.
                  What I mean by eliminating 2 teams is you would eliminate the 16th place team, in favor of the waiver team. Then you wouldn't allow the waiver team eligibility for the final four. In essence, you've eliminated 2 teams from contention.

                  As far as media coverage and merchandising, that's why I don't like the waiver. A driver of Kyle Busch's caliber doesn't need the chase to propel his brand as much as a Newman, Larson, etc. Chase eligibility is absolutely huge for those teams, but someone is going to get the short end of this!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chip28018 View Post
                    The way kyle has raced absofreakinglutly he should be in the chase. 3 wins in 4 races.
                    Let's say this let's say he wasn't hurt and ran the other 11 races and finished 30th each time out. What would people say then? Pretty safe bet if he would have been able to run those races kyle could have managed a top 30 average.
                    I agree totally that Kyle would be in chase contention if he hadn't missed those races, but he did. What would everyone say if there were 16 different race winners? Should Kyle be in then? If you say no, then what's the difference with those same drivers being in the top 16 come chase time? If yes, then what's your justification?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sprint9988 View Post
                      the teach that is what i been saying
                      I didn't put gray into the equation because there shouldn't be any gray area, IMHO. These teams spend a lot of money competing in this sport, and the playing field should be as even as possible. I'm not saying the better funded teams should have to give away money and resources, but the deck is already stacked against a lot of the smaller teams. Why should they give up a spot in the chase for big brother? I realize there is a medical waiver, but I don't agree with it. I think the medical waiver should be as follows: Teams declare a driver for their car prior to Daytona qualifying, and that's their driver of record. If the driver has to step out for a medical leave, the team has the ability to name a relief driver. The medical leave should be cleared by Nascar's doctors, as well as a return to competition. The relief driver scores points for the team and driver of record (ie. Kyle Busch), but that driver must remain the relief driver until the driver of record returns. This would keep teams from throwing a ringer on a road course and so on. I might even put a cap on the number of races the driver of record could sit out, but I don't think that's as important as keeping the same relief driver. This would help teams keep a good stable of Xfinity and Truck drivers in their stable. That would "earn" the team the chase eligibility. It might even promote a good young driver to get a cup ride the following season.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You raise some valid points J Rami and I see what you mean. This is an interesting conversation for sure and will continue. Curious to see how much more complicated it may become as the races play out up to and including Richmond. Still have the potential wild card winner at the Glen yet.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes the 18 should be allowed to compete in the Chase as long as he finishes in the top 30 in points. NASCAR did make the exception and allow the opportunity for him to make the Chase although he did not compete in the first 11 races. NASCAR did the right thing in granting the exception because lets face it if that wall at Daytona would have had safety barrier then Kyle probably walks away from that wreck and misses 0 races due to injury.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't think anyone who is sitting at 20th or below should be competing for a championship. I don't care if he wins 5, 6, 7, or more races. I've said it before and I'll say it again-- this whole Chase concept is idiotic-- basically, he gets a waiver after missing 11 races. Then, he will be "given" a ton of points back when the reset comes after Richmond. If he wins it all, he didn't earn it no matter what NASCAR says, and that basically invalidates this ridiculous format even further. I don't think that anyone outside of the top ten should be competing, and in most years past, no one outside the top ten has ever had a shot to win it all. It's artificial excitement to crown an artificial champ. It didn't backfire last year, but it will eventually, and more and more fans will walk away from the sport.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by calikidsaj View Post
                              Yes the 18 should be allowed to compete in the Chase as long as he finishes in the top 30 in points. NASCAR did make the exception and allow the opportunity for him to make the Chase although he did not compete in the first 11 races. NASCAR did the right thing in granting the exception because lets face it if that wall at Daytona would have had safety barrier then Kyle probably walks away from that wreck and misses 0 races due to injury.
                              the 18 is in the owner chase since Crafton,Ragan and Jones Had help on that side of things and agree on the safety Barrier n Daytona toke the grass out when they add the safey barrier
                              #SupportLangleySpeedway

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X