#789 Ride with Jeff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #789 Ride with Jeff

Hi! I wanted to create a poll to see if Jeff Gordon fans and diecast collectors agree with me on the whole #789 issue.

First, I have to say THANK YOU to Lionel and the team for making this happen!! I am VERY grateful that this car is being made in any version, and I thank you all for your efforts on that.

However, the #789 on the roof of the car is less than ideal. I am a huge Jeff Gordon fan, so I understand the significance of him breaking the Ironman record, but in my opinion, the best way to commemorate this achievement is to replicate the car exactly as it appeared on the track, and not to make a fantasy piece of it.

Also, #789 was just the number that Gordon passed Rudd at, and that will NOT be the final "record" once he retires.

I am humbly asking the team to reconsider putting the #24 on the roof to make it more realistic and (in my opinion) properly commemorate Jeff's New Hampshire race.

Please vote on this poll and say whether you like the #24 on the roof like it actually appeared on track or the #789 like is presently on there. Thanks!
    77.59%
    22.41%

ultimately it doesnt matter what we vote, lol(just like the real world) just cant understand why the team approved it this way and not as it was raced.
    Always looking for Jeff Gordon Door # diecast

Comment

Originally posted by mitch2411 View Post
      ultimately it doesnt matter what we vote, lol(just like the real world) just cant understand why the team approved it this way and not as it was raced.
      Haha your comment about voting in the real world is so funny because it's true.

And you're right...I was just hoping I could collect evidence and show the team that the fans want it like it was raced, but it won't really matter. I'd rather have this than nothing at all so I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I am disappointed.

Comment

I'll buy it because my name was on it. But the 789 on the roof is nonsense. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Comment

Had you guys not pointed it out in the other thread, I may not have noticed. The only reason I ordered one is the record breaking significance. Will be canceling. Sounds strange, I know, but the 789 is not attractive at all.
          An Icon series tribute seems more fitting not messing up the Ride car.
          On the other side, you folks do get the Ride car, accuracy aside.

Comment

I like the 789 on the car. It adds to the significance of the car and the accomplishment that was achieved with the car.
            Author of Learning Leadership From Biblical Leaders: Lessons In Leadership Qualities

Comment

It's a pass for me because of the roof. I agree with several others, the IronMan version should have been a separate scheme. Not replace this offering. But it is what it is.

As it stands right now i only have 3 Gordon cars left to receive this year and I am done since their will be no further offerings unless he wins.

Homestead ARC and Liquid. Dupont Rainbow Liquid Throwback.

Comment

Lionel should do a Iron Man Die-cast at the end of his career with the final number on the car as a fantasy maybe have the fans vote on a few different schemes or something that might of looked like Gordon's Iron Man car if one really raced.
                #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

i think they should of put the number 789 under the hood not on top of the car. now its basically just a fantasy piece

Comment

Originally posted by Benz24 View Post
                    i think they should of put the number 789 under the hood not on top of the car. now its basically just a fantasy piece
                    That would be better than the roof
                    #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

thats what i thought as well it would be more classy. but i guess atleast some version of its getting made even though its now a fantasy version

Comment

fantasy cars are awful, this 789 hood car makes me NOT want to buy it, chase elliott champion hood and so on. i am not a fan of these cars at all.

Comment

I love this car. And it was the only way the team would sign off on it. I like it with the number on the roof. Now as to making an acurate track version. Yes I would like it. And would buy it. But wanted this one as well. It's a beautiful car.

Comment

Working...
                          X