Need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this off? My dad sprayed flea and bug stuff in the house before we left for vacation and I told him not to in my room but he did anyways and it got on my diecast, it comes off of the body but not the winsheild. Anyone know of anything that might help remove it safety?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	381954
    Brad Keselowski Fan!

Diecast Delight, that would be my suggestion
    Check out my articles on Motorsports Tribune:

https://motorsportstribune.com/author/seth-eggert/

Comment

Oven cleaner. Just be warned: If it gets on the paint, it WILL damage it.

Comment

Definately try windex an a soft rag.

Comment

I've tried diecast delight and windex also tried wax WD-40 polish nothing seems to work
          Brad Keselowski Fan!

Comment

I am thinking the windshield is done. My wife got some insect repellent on some plastic parts in her car and they are ruined. The good thing is it did not hurt the finish on your diecast. You can always find a donor car for a new windshield. After saying all this, I really hope I am wrong and somebody has a secret formula to fix it up for you. I am sorry you have to go through this.

Comment

Man that does suck. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

It possibly could be on the inside of the windshield. Try using rubbing alcohol on the outside of the windshield and see if it will come off. If it doesn't come off It has to be on the inside. Make sure the rubbing alcohol doesn't get on the car. Hope this works.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the help, it is on the outside and I've tried some Turtle Wax and seems to take it off of some but the ones it got good it just takes part off. The thing about getting replacement windshields is most are race wins luckiy my 24 Martinsville came clean and all my 2/22 race wins but some still need work done.
                  Brad Keselowski Fan!

Comment

Hope you are successful brother

Comment

How about just goof off, or goo gone?

Comment

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...leaner-polish/

Comment

I am going to have to look into this stuff Thomsell good looking out
                          #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Try Invisiglass glass cleaner. I use it take off grime and debris from my chrome rims on my truck, chewing gum off car paint. Very effective but safe on window tinting and such because it doesnt contain any abrasive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post
                              Try Invisiglass glass cleaner. I use it take off grime and debris from my chrome rims on my truck, chewing gum off car paint. Very effective but safe on window tinting and such because it doesnt contain any abrasive stuff.
                              I am learning a whole lot on this thread! I never heard of this product, I will have to check it out Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X