A few quick questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few quick questions.

If you know that you are eventually going to be moving, but it's months from now, would you start boxing up diecasts now? Especially if the number of diecasts is around 350?

Also, would you put a prototype into the box of another, maybe cheaper car to keep it from beeing damaged?

Also, how fragile are the 21-Car Display cases?
    Check out my articles on Motorsports Tribune:

https://motorsportstribune.com/author/seth-eggert/

"If" I knew I was moving I'd certainly start the tedious task of boxing up the cars sooner rather than later. Although I'd select five or ten of my favorites so they weren't all boxed up leaving me nothing to enjoy.

I have had to ship a proto that didn't have the styrofoam container. I wrapped it up in a microfiber cloth, then wrapped it well in bubble wrap, then finally in packaging peanuts. I'm thinking if you make it a "special handle by you only box" you could do something similar and have them come out after the move unscathed.

I have none of the 21 car cases so I'm of no assistance there.
    ~ISO... New Grail - 2007 Edwards #60 Sharp Aquos~
    ~Have My 1st Holy Grail - Carl Edwards Aflac Proto~

Comment

Well if you seen my Jeff Gordon room that I packed up which was wall to wall and the closet was packed It took me six weeks packing every single day after work Mon through Friday and the weekends. I use the small boxes from Lowe's they fit 9 diecast cars which is perfect without making the box to heavy. I also bought two huge bags of packing peanuts from U-Line if you have one close by or go on-line and order them. Also I recommend using the best shipping tape that crap from Target/Walmart does not last long.

#24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

If you know that you are eventually going to be moving, but it's months from now, would you start boxing up diecasts now? Especially if the number of diecasts is around 350?

We are redoing my room soon and I put all of my cars in their boxes (how many I have is a far cry from 350 though) even though we don't know when the painter is coming (he is painting then we are possibly putting carpet in so most stuff is in boxes).

Comment

Well, I've already put about 30 cars back into their boxes. I was in the process of packing some cars anyway to make room for new ones, so luckily, I have all, if not 99% of the boxes for all of my diecasts in one of two rooms right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomConfetti View Post

We are redoing my room soon and I put all of my cars in their boxes (how many I have is a far cry from 350 though) even though we don't know when the painter is coming (he is painting then we are possibly putting carpet in so most stuff is in boxes).
            Well, this is the thing, we rent, and the home owners have decided that they want to start their own business, and want to sell the house. They want to set up an appointment with a realtor to appraise the house (I don't know why since they never fixed anything when we first moved in, but that's a different story altogether). So before the realtor comes, we have to clean. After the realtor comes, who knows how long it will take for the house to sell, but once the house is sold, we have to move. We are essentially tennants at will atm.

Also, we have had to move for a while, but Dad didn't want to admit it or want to. The master bedroom is upstairs. All of the bedrooms are upstairs. With Mom having a heart condition, she can only walk up and down the stairs once a day, so this house hasn't been good for her the past 2 years or so now. So I knew this day was coming, just didn't expect it to be today I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X