Display advice/suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display advice/suggestions?

Hi everyone. I am looking for some practical advice on how I can convince my wife that a Dale Jr., race used tire can be a great addition to our interior home decor.

Any success stories?

Thanks.

Ray.
    It is always better to come from behind rather than be taken from behind.

I'm Being completely serious get it and turn it in to a coffee table, get yourself a piece of glass glue it down or what not and boom, I saw someone else do it and it sounds really cool, and she cant complain about having another table

Comment

I can't wait to see if and how you sell her on this..tall task sir!..please post pics

Comment

Good luck with that big guy! I have found that if she is not a collector herself it is almost impossible to convince them that racing decor is good home decor. Put it in your mancave and be happy she allows you to have that. Haha. But if you do convince her, post pics please.

Comment

Tell her the smell of oil and fuel adds great aroma to the house and she will eventually get used to it at which time the headaches will subside too. If you buy her this Im sure it would help your cause. Good Luck. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
          I dont like Roadkill18 and people with 15000+ posts talk way to much. Copy n Paste B-Day wishes are insincere

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post
            Tell her the smell of oil and fuel adds great aroma to the house and she will eventually get used to it at which time the headaches will subside too. If you buy her this Im sure it would help your cause. Good Luck. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
            Don't buy fake jewelry, it's made in North Korea. lol.

Comment

Yes, get a piece of glass that fits over it. Keeps the tire smell down. Two tires on top of each other work great. You wouldn't have been the guy at pocono carrying it out with his wife to the car during the red flag on Sunday,?

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade Racing View Post
                Don't buy fake jewelry, it's made in North Korea. lol.
                Come on bro Im tryin to do some business LOL
                I dont like Roadkill18 and people with 15000+ posts talk way to much. Copy n Paste B-Day wishes are insincere

Comment

Buy a panel of glass and make a coffee table out of?

Comment

Alright, spammer. lol.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. The consensus seems to be the coffee table with a glass top. I tweeted Amy Earnhardt and asked for her opinion because of her background in interior decoration. She hasn't replied yet.

https://twitter.com/RayHoesten/statu...65918283825153

That was not me at the Pocono race. Pocono would be a little too far for a weekend trip right now. We live in Florida. My son and I will be celebrating his 10th birthday at the Xfinity/Monster races at Daytona in a few weeks. Both of us will be on the Patio with the Lionel group for the Homestead championship weekend. My wife isn't a Nascar fan, but she is supportive of our hobby....up to a certain point.

I will be sure to post pictures to update everyone on the tire saga. Hopefully she doesn't drape the tire over my neck and light it on fire. That would be a post for an entirely different website and a very different discussion thread.

Thanks again.

Ray
                      It is always better to come from behind rather than be taken from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Yankee View Post
                        Thanks for all the advice. The consensus seems to be the coffee table with a glass top. I tweeted Amy Earnhardt and asked for her opinion because of her background in interior decoration. She hasn't replied yet.

https://twitter.com/RayHoesten/statu...65918283825153

That was not me at the Pocono race. Pocono would be a little too far for a weekend trip right now. We live in Florida. My son and I will be celebrating his 10th birthday at the Xfinity/Monster races at Daytona in a few weeks. Both of us will be on the Patio with the Lionel group for the Homestead championship weekend. My wife isn't a Nascar fan, but she is supportive of our hobby....up to a certain point.

I will be sure to post pictures to update everyone on the tire saga. Hopefully she doesn't drape the tire over my neck and light it on fire. That would be a post for an entirely different website and a very different discussion thread.

Thanks again.

Ray
                        this is funny! cute looking little KB fan you have there..maybe he can help convince her..good luck with the custom table!

Comment

My suggestion is to cut the thing in half and use a 2 toilet seats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROWDY18 View Post
                            My suggestion is to cut the thing in half and use a 2 toilet seats!!!
                            Been there done that. Won't work. She went to sit and fell into the toilet. Wasn't a good day....
                            20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Thought you only paid 2.00 for that one?
                              20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X