Spinning Display - What do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinning Display - What do you think?

We are almost there! After years of talking about recreating the spinning display we have a prototype started! We believe we can have these in stock by mid March 2018. These are not cheap pieces and are nice high quality furniture. Spinning base, LED Lights on the inside, clear acrylic shelves so the LED lights shine through to the bottom, touch button, 4 glass doors with magnet push to open and close, drawer at the bottom. This spinning display case would hold 40 cars! MSRP will be set around $499. As I have said, it may sound steep but it won't be cheaply made. It will come to the customer fully assembled. There will be 2 versions - dark walnut and black. What do you all think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8512.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	383739Click image for larger version

Name:	40carSpinningDisplay.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	383740Click image for larger version

Name:	40carSpinningDisplay2.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	383741
    CHECK OUT MY COLLECTION ON LIONEL GARAGE!

Not sure why but my photo keeps loading sideways.

Comment

Looks great Thomas

#SupportLangleySpeedway Check Thedie_castnews @NDNONFACEBOOK ON Twitter

Comment

Looks awesome!!

Will Lionel have these 'In Stock' in the warehouse, or sent from supplier?

Will Lionel offer a payment plan? (like the homestead ticket package)

Many thanks.
        "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Wow this looks awesome! I would be interested in one for sure, if you can offer some kind of payment plan like Last Lap suggested. Very cool

Comment

very cool.. especially in black.

I would like to motorize the spinning so it goes at a slow rotation and not manual.. but lets not drive the price up more :P

Daytona bound!

Comment

Sign me up!

Comment

I would like to see what the black one looks like I might be in for a couple myself. I love that the doors are glass and they open up instead of the Plexiglas that you have to slide upwards and take out to get to your cars like the ones I have now. My question is are the lights on the top only and do they only light up the cars on the top of the case? Little tip for everyone buy yourself a $25 gift card each payday you will have the money saved by the time these come out and will not need a payment plan, just a thought.

#24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by NAUSECAR View Post
                    I would like to motorize the spinning so it goes at a slow rotation and not manual.. but lets not drive the price up more :P
                    This guy LOL, I bet you want a BMW for the price of a toyota as well JK kind of

#24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
                      This guy LOL, I bet you want a BMW for the price of a toyota as well JK kind of
                      Haha.. I dont want a beemer or a yota.

Got my 2 fords and working on getting rid of the Mitsubishi that the wife has and getting her a focus instead.

What am I asking too much?

Daytona bound!

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
                        I would like to see what the black one looks like I might be in for a couple myself. I love that the doors are glass and they open up instead of the Plexiglas that you have to slide upwards and take out to get to your cars like the ones I have now. My question is are the lights on the top only and do they only light up the cars on the top of the case? Little tip for everyone buy yourself a $25 gift card each payday you will have the money saved by the time these come out and will not need a payment plan, just a thought.
                        Great idea!

Comment

Looks very nice! Price is a little steep but that's ok, I'm sure I can convince the wife!

Only suggestion I have is to add something to the shelves so die-cast don't accidentally bump into each other. I don't know if that means some sort of riser at each end or where the wheels should go, but I'd hate to damage a car because you were turning the display around and two cars got together.

And of course I have to ask: Will you be selling the prototype? :P

Comment

Originally posted by w3kn View Post
                            Looks very nice! Price is a little steep but that's ok, I'm sure I can convince the wife!

Only suggestion I have is to add something to the shelves so die-cast don't accidentally bump into each other. I don't know if that means some sort of riser at each end or where the wheels should go, but I'd hate to damage a car because you were turning the display around and two cars got together.

And of course I have to ask: Will you be selling the prototype? :P
                            Yes, I forgot to mention. The shelves will be slightly tilted and have stoppers built on each to prevent them from moving around when spinning! I feel like a lot of thought has went into this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
                              Looks awesome!!

Will Lionel have these 'In Stock' in the warehouse, or sent from supplier?

Will Lionel offer a payment plan? (like the homestead ticket package)

Many thanks.
                              Yes, we will by the full MOQ of 300 units and offer in dark walnut and black. 150 of each most likely and they will be in our warehouse come mid-March if we stay on their timeframe. Also we won't have the option to do payment plans but as suggested the best option is to purchase gift cards. That is essentially the same thing and can get you a form of payment.

Comment

Working...
                              X