Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R*e*s*p*e*c*t

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Drizz81
    Hey *******, have a problem with what I post on Facebook, you can take it up with me on there. I really donít care. Iíve been critical of Lionel and I wonít change that. I feel their customer service is horrid and they know that. Sorry Iím not a kiss *** like you are. Agree or not I really donít care but if you got a problem with me, you are more than welcome to call me out on that post. You know. The one about the Larson Target car being butchered yet again.
    And there ignorance is shown. Their customer service is top notch. As for kiss ***. well it depends where your mouth has been....As for calling you out. yep,done. Lionel handled the Larson car months ago. Now maybe some people are getting tired of the complain all the time. When Action,RCCA of old,Racing Champs,Revell,And others didn't produce perfect diecast....
    20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

    Comment


    • #17
      Lionel is doing a great job! Thanks.

      Comment


      • #18
        I have greatly enjoyed your contributions Ghost to the facebook debacle. Well played sir, well played.

        Comment


        • #19
          I would imagine that Lionel has many variables and distractions that they go through with each diecast they make it can result in imperfection. I certainly have been frustrated before with them but they are certainly try/do everything they can to make these cars as perfect and as close to the ones on the track.

          Comment


          • #20
            I will say this: I don't open my mouth about the quality of someone's performance (outside of an athlete) or a company's product unless I think I can do it better. I'm not going to talk down to a waiter who obviously has a ton going on when my salad is brought out 2 minutes before my steak. I dang sure won't talk down to Lionel when I can't -and most custom builders can't- produce a die cast that is better than what Lionel puts out. I understand the frustrations from Larson fans, but imagine being a Hamlin fan. Things could be worse for you guys. Sure, paint imperfections and chips make me mad for about 5 minutes, but I either send the car back or I accept it and move on. The first car I bought from Lionel ended up having a chip so big on the front bumper that CAMRY instead read CAM Y. I sent the car back and was sent another one. Problem solved. I also haven't found a company whose staff members are as patient and friendly as Lionel's staff. Tmoney and the gang work their asses off so that we can enjoy a HOBBY from a sport we like. If you don't like it move along and collect My Little Pony crap.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mustangfan2119 View Post
              I will say this: I don't open my mouth about the quality of someone's performance (outside of an athlete) or a company's product unless I think I can do it better. I'm not going to talk down to a waiter who obviously has a ton going on when my salad is brought out 2 minutes before my steak. I dang sure won't talk down to Lionel when I can't -and most custom builders can't- produce a die cast that is better than what Lionel puts out. I understand the frustrations from Larson fans, but imagine being a Hamlin fan. Things could be worse for you guys. Sure, paint imperfections and chips make me mad for about 5 minutes, but I either send the car back or I accept it and move on. The first car I bought from Lionel ended up having a chip so big on the front bumper that CAMRY instead read CAM Y. I sent the car back and was sent another one. Problem solved. I also haven't found a company whose staff members are as patient and friendly as Lionel's staff. Tmoney and the gang work their asses off so that we can enjoy a HOBBY from a sport we like. If you don't like it move along and collect My Little Pony crap.
              very well said chris!

              Comment


              • #22
                This is absolutely hilarious. Like running to mommy after your older brother takes your toys or running to tell daddy your little sister said a bad word. He had an opinion, one that differs from yours, grow up. Putting someone on blast publicly is pretty pathetic over something like this. Itís Diecast for Godís sake, get over yourself Nazi.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by 5n5f1988 View Post
                  This is absolutely hilarious. Like running to mommy after your older brother takes your toys or running to tell daddy your little sister said a bad word. He had an opinion, one that differs from yours, grow up. Putting someone on blast publicly is pretty pathetic over something like this. Itís Diecast for Godís sake, get over yourself Nazi.
                  Exactly. It's a diecast car. So getting bent out of shape and blasting good people of a company is ok? Try again. It is hilarious,that people got so bent out of shape again,over a topic that was settled months ago. It's getting old. This topic was covered and.explained months ago. And frankly your comment of Nazi??? Really? Grow the hell up. And don't call someone something that they arent. That's childish in its self. You need to back down with that crap.
                  20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think the problem today is with social media these keyboard warriors have become so emboldened that they think personal attacks on people is fine. They'd never talk like that to someone if they were standing in a store talking to an employee. I have had a tremendous amount of quality control problems with diecast in the last year, so many that I have quit ordering elites, but my interactions with Lionel's staff has always been professional. They're staff is always polite. They do work hard. Obviously, being able to critique a policy or product in a mature way without personally insulting or threatening the staff is above the intelligence of some of these keyboard warriors.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I usually just keep my mouth shut but I'll speak up on this one in support of Mitch's efforts here. I was really bummed because I missed out on that Larson auto when it was offered. I even tried to get on a contingency list through the call center but was told there was no contingency available. So I have been posting on the Swap and Trade page trying to find one for months now without any luck. Then I wake up one morning and see that it popped up again overnight on the Lionel site and of course I missed it. It was sold out. And who got it? Someone that has been bashing Lionel and TMoney. You go on the "Ask Lionel" page and ***** about not knowing something and Tmoney rewards you. WTF? I guess I was posting on the wrong page. I know Thomas said that there were 4 of them that became available because of cancellations. I just hope it wasn't one assclown buying all 4 of them so they could flip them. I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. I really have no complaints. Lionel has been very good at fueling my hobby and in all the years and hundreds of elites that I have bought I can only remember sending 1 back ever. Maybe my eyes aren't the best and I don't see the microscopic flaws that people love to ***** about. Well I certainly have no complaints about their customer service. Customer service is all about making your customers happy and fixing mistakes when they happen. Nobody or no company is perfect. When things go awry TMoney and his staff certainly bend over backwards to make it right ... as can be witnessed by this particular situation. I know it's supposed to be "just a hobby" but for some of us it is an addiction. And with that addiction comes passion. I get it. I'm really not good at writing this kind of stuff. I hope that makes sense.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        this is getting funny be careful or you might not have forum to go to lionel has done good by me

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I too have had my issues with Lionel and was rather public about it on an older version of this forum. My opinion is probably not a very popular one as I don't necessarily agree with the complete defense of Lionel. I appreciate the forum and the customer interaction but there are inherent problems with monopolies and Lionel is no exception. The factories have deteriorated over the years to the point we lost special metal finishes as a result. One of the 1:64 molds has/had constant problems. Lionel has reduced its staff. Meredith left. Prices dropped, details stripped. I hope we can all see where this is headed. All of these are direct consequences of what folks are defending here. Sure, I like Tmoney and think he does a fantastic job. Only problem is no one else in upper management shares his passion and desire for the product and sport. Heck even the CS dept. has deteriorated. Most of the long term CS agents were let go in the layoffs. At this point I will not waste my time speaking with anyone is CS except Sharon. All they want to do is tell you what they can't or won't do and then blame it on their "system". Funny how Lisa and now Sharon find a way to make things happen. If we are going to rely so heavily on the CS agents than they need some additional training on the system and general customer service skills.

                          I too have considered stopping purchasing Elites since they are just plain crappy quality anymore. Driver side front tire almost never contacts the ground. Engine always has a slight skew to it under the hood as a result. Windshields popped out with tabs broke, roof flaps that refuse to close flat, window nets still cut at poor angles leaving frayed window nets, shark fins detached, paint chips, etc, etc. I very rarely open cars without some sort of issue anymore. I agree customer service tries to make things right but in the end what needs to be made right is more oversight of the factory and quality control. Seems to be constant mix-ups on stuff and all anyone can do is point a finger at the factory or production. Starting to seem as the factory does what it wants and there is no genuine oversight on production/quality control. Same things folks have been pointing out for years. If I was a Larson fan I'd be pretty upset too. Heck, if I was Target or GCR I would be rather upset.

                          Lionel has the choice to regulate things on this forum as it's a company site. On social media however folks can say what they please and sometimes the truth hurts. I don't condone name calling or threats as there are ways to vent your frustration a bit more respectfully but I don't disagree with the overall sentiment and have been guilty of lashing out myself before. Being a crazy passionate fan and collector is no excuse but that's where it comes from. I, for one, want Lionel's NASCAR business to thrive and for there to be an active collector's market when my daughter is old enough to seriously collect but I don't think that's where we're currently headed. The, what seemed like, last minute major changes this year after all the upgrades had just finally made there way into the produced product is a sign of desperation IMO.
                          Last edited by FreakyFast4ord; February 11th, 2018, 10:41 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post
                            I too have had my issues with Lionel and was rather public about it on an older version of this forum. My opinion is probably not a very popular one as I don't necessarily agree with the complete defense of Lionel. I appreciate the forum and the customer interaction but there are inherent problems with monopolies and Lionel is no exception. The factories have deteriorated over the years to the point we lost special metal finishes as a result. One of the 1:64 molds has/had constant problems. Lionel has reduced its staff. Meredith left. Prices dropped, details stripped. I hope we can all see where this is headed. All of these are direct consequences of what folks are defending here. Sure, I like Tmoney and think he does a fantastic job. Only problem is no one else in upper management shares his passion and desire for the product and sport. Heck even the CS dept. has deteriorated. Most of the long term CS agents were let go in the layoffs. At this point I will not waste my time speaking with anyone is CS except Sharon. All they want to do is tell you what they can't or won't do and then blame it on their "system". Funny how Lisa and now Sharon find a way to make things happen. If we are going to rely so heavily on the CS agents than they need some additional training on the system and general customer service skills.

                            I too have considered stopping purchasing Elites since they are just plain crappy quality anymore. Driver side front tire almost never contacts the ground. Engine always has a slight skew to it under the hood as a result. Windshields popped out with tabs broke, roof flaps that refuse to close flat, window nets still cut at poor angles leaving frayed window nets, shark fins detached, paint chips, etc, etc. I very rarely open cars without some sort of issue anymore. I agree customer service tries to make things right but in the end what needs to be made right is more oversight of the factory and quality control. Seems to be constant mix-ups on stuff and all anyone can do is point a finger at the factory or production. Starting to seem as the factory does what it wants and there is no genuine oversight on production/quality control. Same things folks have been pointing out for years. If I was a Larson fan I'd be pretty upset too. Heck, if I was Target or GCR I would be rather upset.

                            Lionel has the choice to regulate things on this forum as it's a company site. On social media however folks can say what they please and sometimes the truth hurts. I don't condone name calling or threats as there are ways to vent your frustration a bit more respectfully but I don't disagree with the overall sentiment.
                            I agree with you on a lot of the quality control points. There is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. I have repeatedly complained and things aren't getting any better. Every Ford I've gotten in the last 6 months or so has the issue with the left front tire, sometimes I can correct it by adjusting the screws but sometimes I can't. I've had multiple cars come in with air bubbles in the wrap, scuffs all the way thru the paint, one with some kind of debris under the hood wrap, one with the roll cage all warped inside from being installed wrong somehow, one with the windshield sunk down inside the frame where they glued it wrong, roof flaps that won't go down, and these are not minor issues. What's even more annoying is when they don't have anymore, I have to wait 30 days for a refund on something that's their fault. That shouldn't happen on their mistake. It'd be nice to get a timely refund so I have a shot at buying one on the secondary market with that money before they get impossible to find. I'm like you, I think Thomas always is great, and I have never had any issues with the folks there. This isn't a critique of them personally. But the Lionel has some issues that need to be corrected by the corporate level on quality control, and timely handling of the problem when it's their mistake. That's why I have quit buying elites.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	couch.gif
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	401911

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

                                I agree with you on a lot of the quality control points. There is definitely a problem that needs to be addressed. I have repeatedly complained and things aren't getting any better. Every Ford I've gotten in the last 6 months or so has the issue with the left front tire, sometimes I can correct it by adjusting the screws but sometimes I can't. I've had multiple cars come in with air bubbles in the wrap, scuffs all the way thru the paint, one with some kind of debris under the hood wrap, one with the roll cage all warped inside from being installed wrong somehow, one with the windshield sunk down inside the frame where they glued it wrong, roof flaps that won't go down, and these are not minor issues. What's even more annoying is when they don't have anymore, I have to wait 30 days for a refund on something that's their fault. That shouldn't happen on their mistake. It'd be nice to get a timely refund so I have a shot at buying one on the secondary market with that money before they get impossible to find. I'm like you, I think Thomas always is great, and I have never had any issues with the folks there. This isn't a critique of them personally. But the Lionel has some issues that need to be corrected by the corporate level on quality control, and timely handling of the problem when it's their mistake. That's why I have quit buying elites.
                                Yea that refund policy and just their overall "system" is a handicap for sure. Not sure why they went away from NetSuite. That gave us a back door and a better way to manage our orders. I'd like to think it did the same for them. All of the "upgrades" to the system over the recent past years have not seemed to improve anything and have actually done the opposite.
                                Last edited by FreakyFast4ord; February 11th, 2018, 01:08 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X