Nascar Fan Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar Fan Council

Not sure if this happens with almost anyone who applies or not, but I got accepted to be in the NASCAR Fan Council for this year so I'm pretty pumped! Is anyone else apart of this?

I didn't even know this was a thing so no
    Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post
      Not sure if this happens with almost anyone who applies or not, but I got accepted to be in the NASCAR Fan Council for this year so I'm pretty pumped! Is anyone else apart of this?
      Yes. I am. Prepare yourself for weekly emails that contain surveys asking your opinions of the race, media coverage etc.
      It is always better to come from behind rather than be taken from behind.

Comment

I've been a member since the first year.

You get a boatload of emails asking to complete a survey, but don't ever expect any replies. I sometimes really wonder where all our "input" goes.

Comment

it goes to a marketing firm collecting data for Nascar.
          OU812DIDU

Comment

Originally posted by inj9696 View Post
            it goes to a marketing firm collecting data for Nascar.
            Sadly, I am afraid that everything that isn't a data point is ignored... :/

Comment

Originally posted by brsteg View Post

Sadly, I am afraid that everything that isn't a data point is ignored... :/
              True, there have been a few rule changes made by the council but for the most part a car or the title sponsor wants to see the reviews of the races / likes and dislikes of fans..maybe it impacts racing a bit but only the top brass know :-(
              OU812DIDU

Comment

Ah okay, was just wondering what it was all about and stuff. I don't mind filling out surveys and all that because I know thats really one of the only ways in which they can collect the data they need. Im happy to be apart of it.

Comment

I can tell you first hand those surveys go to Nascar. In 2017 during speedweeks in Daytona, they gathered a select fan council meeting at Nascar Headquarters across from the track. That was a cool experience. As a fan I have had the pleasure of meeting some upper Nascar Executive's (wont mention names) and yes the do watch the nascar data fan council input.

Comment

Originally posted by Daytona88 View Post
                    I can tell you first hand those surveys go to Nascar. In 2017 during speedweeks in Daytona, they gathered a select fan council meeting at Nascar Headquarters across from the track. That was a cool experience. As a fan I have had the pleasure of meeting some upper Nascar Executive's (wont mention names) and yes the do watch the nascar data fan council input.
                    This is super cool to know! Thanks for the insight!

Comment

My wife and I have both participated for quite a few years.

Comment

Been a member for several years now. I did have one very cool thing happen to me by being a member. Last May the week of the All Star Race I was ask if I wanted to participate in something NBC was doing in honor of Dale Jr and I accepted and was selected to part of a commercial for NBC's broadcast of the October race in Charlotte. Plus I got to meet Steve Letarte that day too.

Comment

All the info is sent to my email. I am supposed to select and sort. But have to admit, I just press select all and trash. I feel better getting that off my chest.
                          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
                            All the info is sent to my email. I am supposed to select and sort. But have to admit, I just press select all and trash. I feel better getting that off my chest.
                            Glad you cleared that up...

Comment

I was a member for a few years and enjoyed sharing my weekly opinion. The original application was rather long, and instead of asking if there were any updates to my application I was asked to redo my application at the beginning of the new season. It came at a time when I was busy with other things and found it to be a hassle I could do without.

Comment

Working...
                              X