Autographs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autographs

Is it me, or do the autographs appear to be out of proportion to the car prices versus last year? Keslowski dual auto graphed 160 on a 85 dollar car.. That's 75 dollars for the auto graphs?

They do seem to have gone up for some reason. Luckily there's been a few reasonably priced ARC's with Bowman, Byron, and Austin Dillon's 500 car. Plan B did a deal with Blaney to sign for them and I heard they are working on a deal with Bubba Wallace. The elites are just getting to be too high. Maybe some drivers raised their fees, I dunno

Comment

Yeah it's crazy, dillions 500 car is 85$ autograph is same , I just got Larson elite autograph and it was 35$ extra. I will not buy a elite when autograph is almost more than the car. Larson and stenhouse are cheap for a raced win arc , Larson is 20 bucks, stenhouse is 10 bucks extra. But what can u do

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post
        They do seem to have gone up for some reason. Luckily there's been a few reasonably priced ARC's with Bowman, Byron, and Austin Dillon's 500 car. Plan B did a deal with Blaney to sign for them and I heard they are working on a deal with Bubba Wallace. The elites are just getting to be too high. Maybe some drivers raised their fees, I dunno
        On Sunday, for some reason the Blaney autographed die cast price doubled on Plan B. Brent said he was working on a better price and the initial price was a promo deal, but I just checked, and it appears all of the autographed listings have been removed. My preorders are still showing for the initial price, but something weird is afoot.

Comment

If I am not mistaken. The drivers charge Lionel for X amount of cars to be signed. And I know that early autos of young drivers are cheap.But as they have a couple years their autos always go up. Have a feeling that's what we are seeing out of Blaney and others. They are now charging higher for their auto. JMO...
          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
            If I am not mistaken. The drivers charge Lionel for X amount of cars to be signed. And I know that early autos of young drivers are cheap.But as they have a couple years their autos always go up. Have a feeling that's what we are seeing out of Blaney and others. They are now charging higher for their auto. JMO...
            Can thank JG and JJ for that.

Comment

i dont think its the drivers wanting more money for there autograph, they sign many many many free autographs a week, i think its companys like lionel and planb and fanatics charging you more for the autograph. remember all but 1 type of diecast has a set price. autographed diecast is where they can make more money. you dont really know what these company's pay per autograph so they can pay a driver $15 per autograph and turn around and charge you $60 for the autograph and the 1st person to be blamed is the driver. remember these companies are in this business to make money so you will not pay what they pay per autograph

Comment

Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post
                i dont think its the drivers wanting more money for there autograph, they sign many many many free autographs a week, i think its companys like lionel and planb and fanatics charging you more for the autograph. remember all but 1 type of diecast has a set price. autographed diecast is where they can make more money. you dont really know what these company's pay per autograph so they can pay a driver $15 per autograph and turn around and charge you $60 for the autograph and the 1st person to be blamed is the driver. remember these companies are in this business to make money so you will not pay what they pay per autograph
                I agree with this statement. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post

Can thank JG and JJ for that.
                  Haha amen..... And I am even a fan of Gordon,lol!!
                  20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mustangfan2119 View Post

On Sunday, for some reason the Blaney autographed die cast price doubled on Plan B. Brent said he was working on a better price and the initial price was a promo deal, but I just checked, and it appears all of the autographed listings have been removed. My preorders are still showing for the initial price, but something weird is afoot.
                    Brent Told me the Price u Preorder it for will be Honor
                    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post
                      It has to be true that the company selling the autographed product is marking up the autograph. However, I disagree with the idea that it's not the drivers. The difference between them signing at the track and signing for Lionel/Plan B/Fanatics/at a trailer/at a sponsor's meet & greet is the time. Ain't no thing to stop and sign for you. But it's a longer, scheduled block of time for an appearance. Those they get paid for. Remember Larson talking about how it's not worth it to him to appear at the haulers because Fanatics can't pay him enough for his time?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF View Post

It has to be true that the company selling the autographed product is marking up the autograph. However, I disagree with the idea that it's not the drivers. The difference between them signing at the track and signing for Lionel/Plan B/Fanatics/at a trailer/at a sponsor's meet & greet is the time. Ain't no thing to stop and sign for you. But it's a longer, scheduled block of time for an appearance. Those they get paid for. Remember Larson talking about how it's not worth it to him to appear at the haulers because Fanatics can't pay him enough for his time?
                        larson was referring to signing for free at the haulers and the amount he would make from the sales from it wasnt worth his time. he said he would make $50 for an hour of his time there. when they are at the track i understand time is limited. when these guys sign windshields for lionel its usually during the weekday when they have more time and these guys can sign 1,000+ autographs easily in an hour and if they are charging $10 an autograph thats an easy $10,000

Comment

I don't really blame drivers or companies from getting whatever the market will bear for signed pieces, but I do think it would be good for the sport if more of the top talent reached out to fans with autograph sessions a little more. What got me big into Nascar was being able to go to a Race Night and meet Dale Earnhardt a couple times, and it didn't cost me anything. I don't really see Jimmie Johnson doing that stuff. Hopefully these young guys coming in will keep their fan outreach going. It used to be what separated Nascar from other big sports. That being said, there are some reasonable deals sometimes, just gotta pay attention. This year we had Byron and Bowman ARC's offered at only a $15 markup if I recall correctly, and Austin Dillon is signing any 500 raced version bought thru RCR at no charge, and they did have free shipping too. Plan B has some good deals sometimes too. I already have a couple Blaney signed pieces, so not worried about getting more of his unless I just come across a deal. My focus is trying to get as many different drivers signed pieces as I can, what paint scheme or ARC vs Elite isn't really a concern for me.

Comment

There must be a cost involved somewhere... JRM cars cost $10 more this year for an Auto.
                            "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlap View Post
                              There must be a cost involved somewhere... JRM cars cost $10 more this year for an Auto.
                              And it sure hasn't helped with those cars making MOQ either. With the silver series price increase and the additional signature fee, those cars are $15 more now. Those cars usually didn't make MOQ anyway with except for the 9, the price hike ain't gonna help.

Comment

Working...
                              X