Will diecast prices go up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will diecast prices go up?

With the new tariff will diecast prices go up?

A guess... no.
    Because it isn't raw steel.. even if it is steel at all in the metal. So I doubt that any new tarriff is added on top of die-cast than there already is if there is.

Comment

I wouldn't think so.
      20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Probably won't happen.
        I'm guessing here, but I'm thinking the US Harmonized Tariff used when they are imported might be this. I don't think they belong in the Base Metals section.

Tricycles, scooters, pedal cars and similar wheeled toys; dollsʼ carriages; dolls, other toys;
        reduced-scale (“scaleˮ) models
        and similar recreational models, working or not; puzzles of all kinds; parts and accessories thereof

Comment

Don't think so either as much as I would love it to cause enough of an issue that they would actually consider bringing manufacturing back to the US of A

In the end it's just a negotiating tool

Comment

If manufacturing ever comes back to the US it will be in the form of automation. Bringing it back is the false promise that every politician makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coors9 View Post
              If manufacturing ever comes back to the US it will be in the form of automation. Bringing it back is the false promise that every politician makes.
              I just meant the diecast, not overall. Totally agree on the automation.

Comment

I would guess yes. Not because of the cost of steel, but in response to the tariff, all imports will go up in an attempt to offset the impact of the tariff.

Comment

i wouldn't think so because of the changes to elites sever people i talked to say they are done with lionel i will not order any more cars myself

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	407845

Comment

Making Diecast Great Again

Trump for President!....................Oh wait

Comment

It'd be ironic if they went to all this trouble to get prices lowered with the new format, and then dum dum's tariff's got the prices back up. Could you imagine 69.99 for a HO plastic chassis car?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	407845
                          Jeff Ford for "Speaker of the House"!
                          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X