No announcement yet.

2018 lack of caring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mixed for me. With the tear Harvick is on and all the related stories lately it definitely has my attention. I am a bit less interested in the diecast due to the unwelcome changes for me.

As we get into the warmer months I'm sure I will tune out a bit more as I have better things to do on the weekends.

It's not what it once was for me and I doubt I spend the money to attend a race this year.

Comment

I run in streaks, but most of the season I am into the racing. But with baseball season approaching and if one of my favorite teams is playing, I may watch the ball game instead. And with my grandson playing in little leage and with weekend games and tournaments, I will definitely be watching him play. On any given race I may not watch the whole race but will catch the highlights on the app. As far as collecting, I have never spent nearly as much as most people here on the diecasts, and will not in the future either. I have a small collection and I am happy. I used to attend the Pocono race and had the same seats for years up near the top of the grandstand near the start-finish line. I lived 45 minutes from the track, but not anymore. More like three hours. Been to Dover a few times and Talladega once. My track days are just about over, save for the Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown, Maryland.

Comment

Guess the thrill is still good. Talladega every year seems to continue to keep good crowds. As for TV. I would really like to not see more commercials than racing. But after Sr then Jr. And now that he is gone. It's kinda open season. Do like the Ford group of drivers.

Comment

[ still have the races on the tv, but since jr retired I don't really care who wins. it just seems to me that 3 of the 4 races run this year have been so boring and the same with a lot od the races last year, they need to put the higher down force package on the cars so they can race side by side just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggums7 View Post
            there is still a little bit of room on the 18 bandwagon if you want to join
            I will join you #18forthewin
            I am a Penske fan, Kyle Busch, Daniel Suarez fan and a Matt Dibenedetto fan im a fan of Hendrick drivers to!!!

Comment

some very interesting points raised on this thread, A season of transition,
              as we are now on the last race weekend for the western swing.
              I still have not bought my TMS spring race tickets,
              It has taken some soul searching, but, I'm ok with that, (since 2002).
              so..
              NHRA is coming late april to Baytown, Spring Nats ........
              I can drive 60mi to track each day....
              no hotel $$..
              great ticket prices,
              friday night under the lights,
              Get to see Team Force.....autos ??
              and sleep in my home......
              Its all good
              Maybe in Nov, ooopps opening weekend of hunting season
              Last edited by Texas3; March 13th, 2018, 05:14 PM.
              God and Guns

Comment

I always watch Cup, rarely watch NXS now and don't bother with Trucks.
                "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

This is the most excited for Cup I have been in several years. I like the mix of capable veterans and for the first time in a long time, I like the young group coming in. There are a few great personalities in the young group. The racing is pretty good throughout the field. Yes Junior retired but, so what? Everybody leaves the sport at some point.

Comment

2018 I lack more care for Jeff Ford,than I did last year. Which wasn't much...
                    20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
                      2018 I lack more care for Jeff Ford,than I did last year. Which wasn't much...
                      He dont care

Comment

Yes you do. you secretly hide in your safety blanket and suck your thumb if we don't like you...
                        20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Do I care about the Cup series? Not as much as I once did. The best racing was once in the Busch and Truck Series but since NASCAR has decimated those, the Busch North, Winston West and Late Model Touring Series, these have zero identity other than being "feeder" divisions for Cup. There are very few veterans who race in those series year after year before the Daytona Beach brass decided to revamp them into has been series. Provided we're not running the modified that weekend, given the choice between watching a Cup race on Saturday night or going to my home track, Seekonk Speedway, to see some real racing and competition where there aren't stupid inspections, ridiculous rules and a bunch of know it all "crew chiefs" clacking away on social media about how they'd make the racing better? I'll take the latter and hang out and turn some wrenches on a Pro Stock or Late Model driven by someone I've known for a long time.
                          Crew Chief for the #38 Kendall Oil Chevrolet on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour - By The Grace Of God And 600 Horsepower

Comment

No DODGE, no dice. Until they're back, I'm out. Waaaaaaay out. Nothing new here.

MoParOrNoCar
                            THE COLLECTION

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBob View Post
                              No DODGE, no dice. Until they're back, I'm out. Waaaaaaay out. Nothing new here.
                              I do miss the 05 flat nose body they brought.Just sucked it was a vacuum for bebris... Wished they would get back in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Intimidator86 View Post

I do miss the 05 flat nose body they brought.Just sucked it was a vacuum for bebris... Wished they would get back in the sport.
                                You, me and a legion of others, bud....

MoParOrNoCar
                                THE COLLECTION

Comment

Working...
                                X