What If? Giveaway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If? Giveaway

So one of my favorite things to speculate on is the "what ifs" from NASCAR's past. Thought it might be fun to discuss it and giveaway a diecast. Here's all you have to do to win:
    -post in this thread any "what ifs" you've pondered over the years
    -let's keep it polite, no salty comments about drivers you don't like
    -this is open to international members, however, if you live outside of the US, I would ask that you cover shipping of your prize for any amount over $10. I will pay up to $10 for the shipping, the difference will be up to the winner if they live overseas.
    -Sunday, probably before the race starts, I will close out the contest and draw at random 1 winner from the names of any members that participated.
    -winner can pick 1 of the following diecasts as their prize:
    Terry Labonte Iron Man II 1:32
    Rusty Wallace Adventures of Rusty 1:32
    Dale Earnhardt Jr 2004 125 raced 1:24
    Dale Earnhardt Jr/M Waltrip 2001 Daytona Raced1/64 two car set in tin

So, I'll the ball rolling, here's ones I wonder about.
    -If Davey Allison would have lived, what impact would his career have had? Would Dale Earnhardt have gotten 7 titles if he had to contend with Davey thru 93-94?
    -How many more races/titles would Jeff Gordon have gotten if he and Ray Evernham had stayed together?
    -If Darrell Waltrip had gotten to remain in the DEI #1, would he have won another race?
    -If Steve Park's injuries hadn't ruined his career, what would his impact have been?
    -If Teresa Earnhardt, had given Dale Jr a stake in DEI, where would that company be?
    -If Kevin Harvick had started at a top notch team, how many more wins/titles would he have?

Anyways, that's some of the things I wonder about. How about y'all?

Comment

What if NASCAR didn't have the chase? Jeff Gordon would be a 7 time champ under the old point system. 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, and 2014!

Comment

What if Kulwicki never took that polish victory lap?

What if Dodge never left the sport and Toyota never came in?

What if Danica would have actually been competitive and won some races?

What if Dale Jr. would have won a Championship?

What if tobacco and spirits companies were never excluded from sponsorship?

I could go on and on but will leave more for others.

Comment

What if.......... nevermind,no one would want to know that.
          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
            What if.......... nevermind,no one would want to know that.
            But now you've got our interest? Spill the beans

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post
              What if Kulwicki never took that polish victory lap?

What if Dodge never left the sport and Toyota never came in?

What if Danica would have actually been competitive and won some races?

What if Dale Jr. would have won a Championship?

What if tobacco and spirits companies were never excluded from sponsorship?

I could go on and on but will leave more for others.
              Those are some good ones. Dale Jr winning a title and Danica being competitive would've helped the sport a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by randy24 View Post
                What if NASCAR didn't have the chase? Jeff Gordon would be a 7 time champ under the old point system. 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2004, 2007, and 2014!
                That's one I have wondered about too, although since teams changed their strategies for the Chase format, it's impossible to say for sure that he would have won those titles sincd everyone would have used different strategies and possibly scored different amounts of points. Interestingly enough, I read once that if the Chase had been in effect in 92, Kyle Petty would've won a title by the numbers.

Comment

What if Dale Jr stayed with DEI
                  what if Adam petty was still racing
                  what if Danica won a race, how would that impact nascar
                  what if Brian France wasn't the head of nascar
                  what if the 2008 recession never hit and nascar stayed cheaper then it is now

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn Curtis View Post
                    What if Dale Jr stayed with DEI
                    what if Adam petty was still racing
                    what if Danica won a race, how would that impact nascar
                    what if Brian France wasn't the head of nascar
                    what if the 2008 recession never hit and nascar stayed cheaper then it is now
                    Yeah, the Adam Petty one is a good one for sure. I think the recession wasn't the only thing that hurt them. It's interesting, I've heard a lot of talk lately that unpopularity of the COT's may have been a factor in starting the decline, I guess I never considered that.

Comment

What if Jimmie Johnson hadnít been discovered by Gordon?
                      What if NASCAR has inticed manufacturers to Join the sport and there was a different one for every team? (I.e. Hendrick-Chevy, Gibbs-Toyota, Penske-dodge, SHR-Ford)
                      What if teams could run more than four cars in a race?
                      What if Bubba had won a lower level Championship?
                      What if drivers could run as many races as they wanted in the lower series?
                      Theres plenty more but Iíll leave it here

Comment

Originally posted by zonilug View Post
                        What if Jimmie Johnson hadnít been discovered by Gordon?
                        What if NASCAR has inticed manufacturers to Join the sport and there was a different one for every team? (I.e. Hendrick-Chevy, Gibbs-Toyota, Penske-dodge, SHR-Ford)
                        What if teams could run more than four cars in a race?
                        What if Bubba had won a lower level Championship?
                        What if drivers could run as many races as they wanted in the lower series?
                        Theres plenty more but Iíll leave it here
                        Those are some good ones. As for the lower Series question, we know that one, it probably would've been like it was when they used to run them as much as they wanted. Harvick even won the title in 06 doing it.

Comment

What if Dale Sr never passed. How long would he have raced, would he have stayed with RCR, how would DEI be doing?

Next up, NHMS!

Comment

What if Brian France and all his cronies were forcefully removed from power by the owners?

What if a bunch of old racers got together and found a way to start a new series?

Comment

* What if Sterling Marlin had win the title in '02 without the crash/neck injury?
                              * What if Montoya had won the Brickyard 400 in 2009?
                              * What if the Japanese NASCAR series did happen?
                              "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Working...
                              X