Buying diecasts without boxs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying diecasts without boxs!

Im curious to know, do any of you only buy diecasts that come in their original box? Would it bother you to buy a diecast without the box? I've come across some on eBay before without the box being sold for quite cheap. Thoughts?
    Last edited by aidan2613; March 29th, 2018, 08:50 AM.

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

For me it's the complete package. I would not buy a diecast without the box except of course a prototype as there is no box.

To each their own but I personally want the box with it.

Comment

Iíve done it once, the car was wrapped in bubble wrap at least. I donít think Iíd every buy a winged-COT without a box, but if it was a car I absolutely wanted/needed, Iíd consider it.
      Check out my articles on Motorsports Tribune:

https://motorsportstribune.com/author/seth-eggert/

Comment

Im not a HUGE diehard that cares too much about the box, as in if it is a little scuffed up. Its not like I display the box. I have never bought one without a box other than a prototype, and if for any reason other than just this, I want the box for if I have to store or move.

Next up, NHMS!

Comment

The only car I own that has no box is my 1970 Richard Petty Superbird because it has no box with it.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	1970RichardSuperbird.JPG Views:	1 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	411849
          The cars without boxes do go really cheap but unless it's a rare car I would never buy a car without a box for it.
          Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

I prefer total package. My only reasoning is because some day down the road if I quit collecting I like to have the option to resell it at a decent fair price and not have to give it away. Just my opinion

Comment

I will only buy with the box, don't mind a used/shelf wear (within reason, tears etc) box as that comes with age.

I know some on here don't care for boxes, only to sit in storage. But I like the sleeves, the art they come with it. As Matt mentioned, complete package.
              Last edited by Lastlap; March 29th, 2018, 01:00 PM.
              "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Same as what others have said.. i will not buy a car that does not come in the original box

Comment

I've bought a number of cars without the box locally as they were some pretty nice, hard to find diecasts. I display cars, not boxes...
                  Crew Chief for the #38 Kendall Oil Chevrolet on the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour - By The Grace Of God And 600 Horsepower

Comment

It depends. If it's a proto without its original styrofoam. And they can show me pictures of the car in good light. I have acquired a couple shipped safe in bubble wrap. Now if it's just a standard diecast without a box and it's rare. The first question is. Was it displayed? How was it displayed? And is there any damage? And once pictures are shown. I look for if it's covered in dust. Dust will actually hurt paint and will hurt the plastic windshields. And car has to be taken apart and cleaned. (I learned this the hard way a couple times.) Got the car cheap,but the condition even after cleaned was not good. So I prefer to buy cars that come with original boxes, and not displayed openly. The winged COT you have to real careful with. As they are the most fragile in my opinion.
                    20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Im of the same opinion I prefer to have the box so down the road if I wish to resell I can get a decent price back and not sell it for dirt cheap. Having said that, If I came across a diecast of one that's quite rare or hard to find, I wont care about the box I'd just buy it (as long as its not a COT). I think a rare diecast without a box will generally resell for a decent price.

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

Comment

I'd consider it if it were a car I really wanted & the price was right..

Comment

I never have, but not totally opposed to it. Say if I was at a yard sale and saw a rare one for $10 or something. Really would just depend on the price and rarity of the car.

Comment

Iíve only ever bought one, itís a terrible idea and a dangerous game, it kills the value and it annoys me when someone on eBay lists something I really want without a box, it just pisses me off that someone could be foolish enough to get rid of a box like that
                            Last edited by Jlogano22; April 2nd, 2018, 08:31 AM.
                            Go Joey Logano!!! 5 2014 Wins, 10 2015 Wins, 6 2016 Wins, 3 2017 Wins
                            Next Preorder To Arrive: 2017 Joey Logano Shell-Pennzoil Richmond Win 1/24 Elite
                            Next Dealer Preorder To Arrive: 2017 Joey Logano Pennzoil 1/24 ARC

Comment

Collectibles = boxes, boxes, boxes,
                              would you buy a first run GI Joe with out the box?
                              or
                              a Classic Album with out the album cover?
                              boxes, boxes, boxes, packaging
                              Last edited by Texas3; March 30th, 2018, 07:48 AM.
                              God and Guns

Comment

Working...
                              X