Martin Truex Kentucky diecast, disappointed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Truex Kentucky diecast, disappointed

I received this today and gotta say, really disappointed. nothing special about it at all. It looked nicer from the render. My diecast came with the rear fin on the deck lid broken off. wasn't even in the box to glue back on. There are numerous paint chips and the front windscreen is sticking up on one side, if I push it down the other side pops out as it doesn't fit right. Finally, anyone notice the number colouring is really flat and dulled. Compare to last years or previous years FRR diecasts the number 78 was quite luminous orange/red. It seems like they changed the paint and it looks horrendous. I know it's a raced win, but its a completely dulled flat red to previous years and takes away from the car completely.

'Martin Truex Jr Fans' [Fb Group]Instagram

Send it back....

Comment

I've had similar quality control issues repeatedly. Definitely send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by rcurry View Post
        Send it back....
        I bought it off an eBay seller, however it was brand new and unopened as it was paper wrapped in the box.

Originally posted by rcurry
        I've had similar quality control issues repeatedly. Definitely send it back.
        To be honest if I can I'll send back for a refund, The diecast is nothing special. Even with the quality control things fixed, I'm not impressed by it!
        Funny, because his Kansas diecast was awesome and i thought they did a great job on it!!

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. I totally understand your disappointment, I would sent it back too. As a seller, I usually check the diecasts before sending them overseas. The cost of shipping these days, and the fact we stand behind the products, sending a diecast with all your issues is an expensive mistake for all involved. I hope you are able to get one without these quality control issues.

Comment

It's expensive for me with import fees on top as well. I contacted the seller and he's happy to exchange but It will cost me to ship back and then pay the import fees on return of the exchanged one. It's not worth it. I'll chalk it up to a bad quality one but yeah it's the first diecast I've got that i truly feel cheated of my money and let down.

Comment

Originally posted by aidan2613 View Post

It's expensive for me with import fees on top as well. I contacted the seller and he's happy to exchange but It will cost me to ship back and then pay the import fees on return of the exchanged one. It's not worth it. I'll chalk it up to a bad quality one but yeah it's the first diecast I've got that i truly feel cheated of my money and let down.
              That is terribly wrong! If you bought it on eBay the seller would have to pay the return shipping. I am sorry to see you get taken for a ride like this.

Comment

Man this sucks to hear. Lionel's quality has really gone down. I hope that you can get your money back and get a new diecast that is error free. Like Mike (The Teach) had said, contact the seller because if you got it off e-bay then they have to pay the return shipping. Best of Luck!
                Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

I'll message the seller back, I just assumed I'd be responsible for return shipping? The seller never mentioned that!

Comment

Originally posted by aidan2613 View Post
                    I'll message the seller back, I just assumed I'd be responsible for return shipping? The seller never mentioned that!
                    Your diecast is "Not as described". Ask him to email you a shipping label. In this situation I would ask for pictures and then either send you a label or more likely simply refund your money and move on.

Comment

Sellers on eBay have the option to either accept or not accept returns. Been a while since I've sold on there, but I seem to recall that the seller can set it for the buyer or themselves to cover return shipping. As I said, it's been a while though, so I may be talking out my butt on it currently.

Comment

I understand all the issues and the under whelming; but I don't know that the number color is off or off by much compared to what raced.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey at least you got one Iím still on the two month waiting list to get one seems all the distributors got thereís before the ppl that stuck with lionel to get there Diecast

Comment

I dunno its a minor thing but for me very noticeable. Some people wouldn't care or worry about the slight number color change!! I guess I just loved and miss the vibrant luminous red on the 2014 - 2016 FRR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon k View Post
                              Hey at least you got one Iím still on the two month waiting list to get one seems all the distributors got thereís before the ppl that stuck with lionel to get there Diecast
                              Yeah I ordered off eBay, it sucks that Lionel customers didnt get sorted first. Hopefully you get yours soon without any issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X