Non racing. Looking for opinions/suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non racing. Looking for opinions/suggestions

I just ordered a new computer and I`m going with a dual monitor setup. I know they will be at least 24" but, I am undecided on which style of monitor to go with Flat or Curved. They will be mounted on a swivel mount. I know I do not want an Ultrawide. They will strictly be used for work only (charts, spreadsheets etc NO GAMING) It would be great if anyone can contribute their experiences. Thanks Click image for larger version  Name:	cheers2.gif Views:	203 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	414142

Typically curved is meant for gaming or If you like to have some style, IMO flat is the way to go with especially since you aren't doing anything special with them but I do have a curved screen and I love it and it makes it feel like everything is closer and seems like the screen is a bit bigger and more user friendly. Go to a store and check them out on display

Comment

I can't comment on curved monitors, but I have two flat screens at work and they are great for working on spreadsheets (that's all I do all day - most days). .
      Looking for any JJ TX Win items - Diecast (Din #1's, Protos, Samples, Door #'s), Any sheet metal from 2014 TX red vest win, and any unique JJ TX win memorabilia (Champagne bottles, flags, victory lane hats, etc.). PM me if you have any of these items for sell or trade.

Comment

I have a dual monitor set-up at work (flat screens) and it is awesome. I use it for curriculum management and basically have to copy from one document to another and it works like a champ. I've never worked with curved monitors but the two flat monitors seem to flow seamlessly from one to the other.

Comment

I have a quad monitor setup at work. 2 by 2. Love it. Flat panels are the way to go for you. Curved monitors are more for video streaming, gaming when it comes to computers. It will not enhance your work life at all unless you are a game developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn Curtis View Post
            Typically curved is meant for gaming or If you like to have some style, IMO flat is the way to go with especially since you aren't doing anything special with them but I do have a curved screen and I love it and it makes it feel like everything is closer and seems like the screen is a bit bigger and more user friendly. Go to a store and check them out on display
            Thanks Eamonn and your right. I probably need to check them out in person but, Im discovering the curved monitors are more popular with the gamers and Im a player. Click image for larger version

Name:	cheers2.gif
Views:	206
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	414271

Originally posted by 197sm View Post
            I can't comment on curved monitors, but I have two flat screens at work and they are great for working on spreadsheets (that's all I do all day - most days). .
            You work??? I thought your job was to buy up all the rare 48 protos and torment Keith 24/7. Thanks Stephen Click image for larger version

ID:	414272

Originally posted by kspool View Post
            I have a dual monitor set-up at work (flat screens) and it is awesome. I use it for curriculum management and basically have to copy from one document to another and it works like a champ. I've never worked with curved monitors but the two flat monitors seem to flow seamlessly from one to the other.
            You work too? When do you find the time to irritate Hollywood with your Earnhardt / Jr collection? Thanks Karl Click image for larger version

ID:	414273

Originally posted by Alan Harkleroad View Post
            I have a quad monitor setup at work. 2 by 2. Love it. Flat panels are the way to go for you. Curved monitors are more for video streaming, gaming when it comes to computers. It will not enhance your work life at all unless you are a game developer.
            Yeah Im discovering that. I just figured the curved monitors were cool looking and the chics would dig them. Which would ultimately enhance life at work and home. Im leaning towards 2 24" flat screens but, I will check out the curved ones in person. I keep reading about them having a "sweet spot". I use a standup desk with adjustable monitor arms so I might be able to set them up to eliminate that. Thanks Alan Click image for larger version

ID:	414274

Comment

Never worked with curved ones, but currently at work I have 2 flat screen monitors and they merge nicely, and they arent even the same style

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post

You work too? When do you find the time to irritate Hollywood with your Earnhardt / Jr collection? Thanks Karl Click image for larger version

ID:	414273

Yeah Im discovering that. I just figured the curved monitors were cool looking and the chics would dig them. Which would ultimately enhance life at work and home. Im leaning towards 2 24" flat screens but, I will check out the curved ones in person. I keep reading about them having a "sweet spot". I use a standup desk with adjustable monitor arms so I might be able to set them up to eliminate that. Thanks Alan Click image for larger version

ID:	414274
                Don't tell anyone that I actually work. Irritating Hollywood is a full time job, but I thought you had that covered. As far as getting monitors that chicks dig, I don't think you need to worry about impressing the chicks at the Waffle House that much!!

Comment

Originally posted by NAUSECAR View Post
                  Never worked with curved ones, but currently at work I have 2 flat screen monitors and they merge nicely, and they arent even the same style
                  Style as in size or make? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kspool View Post

Don't tell anyone that I actually work. Irritating Hollywood is a full time job, but I thought you had that covered. As far as getting monitors that chicks dig, I don't think you need to worry about impressing the chicks at the Waffle House that much!!
                    He blocks me for months at a time and you would be surprised by waffle house girls. They do teach computer skills in most prisons now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff14Ford View Post

Style as in size or make? Thanks
                      They are both Lenovo, but they are different years/models (which would usually drive me nuts) but same size. I find them to go together fairly nicely in the actual screen portion even with the differences. My workplace just happened to give me another monitor that I requested, so it wasn't two at the same time, or I still would have preferred two of the same.

Comment

For work my monitors are Samsung B2430's. They have a massive bevel. My home monitor has almost no bevel which makes them blend seamlessly together better. They are HP 27vx IPS monitors. Newer monitors have even less outer frame bezel so you should be able to make them look like one big screen with the right model.

Comment

I don't work....
                          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X