EBay straight sucks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBay straight sucks!

Never had this happen to me in all my years until today. I will NEVER use Ebay again. NEVER

I sold a brand new still factory sealed high end speaker to someone. It delivers 4/4. I just get a refund request today 4/26. Claims he was "out of town" and just opened it today. Claims it was damaged. BS. It's a high end speaker that's tested at the factory before packed. My listings clearly state I don't accept returns but with Ebay's policies it doesn't matter. So I lose the payment amount and have to pay return shipping on a 30 lb. oversize package to get a damaged speaker in return. I'm going to contact the manufacturer and try and get a replacement to the individual speaker and make it whole again. That is if it shows up not completely destroyed. Unbelievable.

On top of that the hold on the funds took a cash birthday gift from me and I will still owe Paypal. Happy Birthday to me. For any of you volume Ebay sellers I don't know how you do it. It's a freakin crock. Exactly why their 2Q earnings report sucked and the stock got hammered. They will never get another dime from me. Period! Their ridiculous policies and unfair treatment that favors the buyers is a crock and I hope they go bankrupt!

Hate it for u Matt
    #SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Originally posted by SteelersFan1988 View Post
      Hate it for u Matt
      Thanks AJ. Really got under my skin. I hate dishonest people who can't be accountable

Comment

It sucks, that buyers have all the rights, and the sellers don't have any rights.

Comment

It stinks, clearly.

Are you sure there is no policy that might help you? Like, thereís a 22 days period of time between the delivery and the refund request, thatís huge.

Best of luck!

Comment

Wow that sucks for you Matt. Sorry to hear it.
            Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

Keep your head up and push forward. Happy Birthday bud Click image for larger version

Name:	party.gif
Views:	33
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	416901

Comment

That really sucks Matt. I have had the same thing happen with me numerous times. This is why I do not ship to a non US address from eBay. I have been burned twice and in both instances I would have had to pay more for the return than the diecast was worth. The PayPal connection is worse than eBay in my opinion. I have had money taken away from me on a sale that happened almost 6 months earlier. And this happened with a member on here and good friend to us. (he and his sister made it good, BTW) Granted, I have won more than I lost in these situations, but I never have taken kindly to someone taking or even holding my money without my permission. I could go one for pages, but I just want you to know that, yes, I do understand your frustration, and I truly hope it works out in your favor. Like Ford recommended "Keep your head up and push forward. Happy Birthday bud"
                Last edited by The Teach; April 27th, 2018, 07:17 AM. Reason: I saw Ford's comment.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Apparently they have 30 days but the request was made on the 22nd day anyways. They obviously knew what they were doing. It was a domestic shipment. When I called Ebay they said give it at least 3 business days before asking them to get involved and then as soon as I get off the phone I get a final decision message.

If he really just wanted to get his money back I would have worked with him on getting a re-sellable item back instead of a now damaged one.

I'm still pissed about it this morning. I am completely swearing off Ebay and may even short the stock. I hope they go out of business personally.
                  Last edited by FreakyFast4ord; April 27th, 2018, 08:12 AM.

Comment

I had a similar situation but it didnít turn out as bad. A woman bought an item and then stated I had put the wrong size of the item and said it wasnít rare as stated. It was an item I was selling for someone else. She tried to get Ebay to make me refund her money and KEEP the item. When she first contacted me I told her to ship back the item at her cost and I would refund her money after inspecting the item. She went to the Ebay resolution process and again tried to get the item for free. I stood my ground with Ebay and her. She didnít get to keep the item and she had to pay for the shipping back. Of course I blocked her. My friend realizing he had given me the wrong measurements said heíd pay me back or I could keep the item, I gave it to my wife. Iív been selling on Ebay since 2002 and have 100% Positive feedback, but their are a lot of scammers on Ebay. I understand how you feel though as Ebay has gone from a seller/buyer based platform to a buyer only supported platform in the last couple of years.

Comment

Im trying to improve my people skills Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3237.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	416917Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3238.PNG
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	416918

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3294.PNG