authentics 1/64

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• authentics 1/64

no disrespect to anybody why do they buy these 1/64 cars and then turn around and try to sell them i don't understand the lure of these cars i have a few jr autos in them that's about it

For the same reason they buy anything in the toy aisle and try to sell it, they know that they can turn a profit off of it, because someone who wanted to buy it somewhere and couldn't find it will buy it if that's the only way they can find it. I'm fairly certain I've seen a little bit of every wave between the various Walmarts and Targets around me, but if you don't get them when you see them, they're gone again the next time you go back and it takes a while for them to restock them. But to be honest, for as much as NASCAR seems to be "failing" or "dwindling", as well as this hobby, if you talk to some folks, those Authentics cars seem to fly off the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by KLfan4213 View Post
      For the same reason they buy anything in the toy aisle and try to sell it, they know that they can turn a profit off of it, because someone who wanted to buy it somewhere and couldn't find it will buy it if that's the only way they can find it. I'm fairly certain I've seen a little bit of every wave between the various Walmarts and Targets around me, but if you don't get them when you see them, they're gone again the next time you go back and it takes a while for them to restock them. But to be honest, for as much as NASCAR seems to be "failing" or "dwindling", as well as this hobby, if you talk to some folks, those Authentics cars seem to fly off the shelves.
      I had Extras and Only made 2 Dollars Profit form Saleing 2 Cars to HarvickSHR4

#SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

Originally posted by SteelersFan1988 View Post

Appreciate it very much AJ. My Walmart sucks with these waves.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelersFan1988 View Post

Right, but I believe he's referring to scalpers, not necessarily somebody helping out another collector by buying extras for folks who can't find them. I've seen these marked up to like 12.99 on ebay just for one, which is more than it costs to buy a car out of the regular Lionel line. That doesn't even include the 2016 Darlington wave, which goes for some crazy money, since they were so sporadic and hard to find.

Maybe I took that wrong, but that was what I took from the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by KLfan4213 View Post

Right, but I believe he's referring to scalpers, not necessarily somebody helping out another collector by buying extras for folks who can't find them. I've seen these marked up to like 12.99 on ebay just for one, which is more than it costs to buy a car out of the regular Lionel line. That doesn't even include the 2016 Darlington wave, which goes for some crazy money, since they were so sporadic and hard to find.

Maybe I took that wrong, but that was what I took from the original post.
            yea thats why my price is right between Lionel Retill Line and Lionel regular Line Price I Have look at Ebay Prices before even the Haulers go up to 40 Dollars for a 15 dollar Hauler

#SupportLangleySpeedway

Comment

i dont buy them but our walmart has the daytona 1/64's and new haulers for me they will stay there just another name for winners circle brand just my opinion oh well just like i wont buy 2018 elites even though the lowered the price that's just me

Comment

1/24 Winners Circle is a step above todays' 1/24 Authentics
                God and Guns

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post
                  1/24 Winners Circle is a step above todays' 1/24 Authentics
                  I am not a fan of the black windows and the boxes get damaged on the shelf's a lot but I have bought two of the 1/24's so far lol
                  #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I have some old Action BW's, they were par for the course back in the early years
                    God and Guns

Comment

back in thye day thats all you could get some of them they brought good money i have a b/w 2001 jr july daytona try a get it from me & a clear window bank raced

Comment

Working...
                      X