eBay Car - Broken Wing Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Car - Broken Wing Advice

I received an awesome purchase I made on eBay earlier this week, 1/24 Kasey Kahne Clydesdale Fantasy Car, Autographed for $100 shipped. Unfortunately, upon arrival the wing was snapped clean off. It was not snapped off in the pictures, and the car was loose in the styrofoam when it arrived.
    My question is, is there anything I can or should do? I stole the car at auction so Iím not going to return it. But thereís not really anything the seller can do besides learn how to properly package a car for shipping. Should I just attempt to fix it myself or find a replacement spoiler? Anyone whoís gone through similar experiences, Iíd love to hear how you settled. I havenít contacted the seller yet, I only had time to open the car and be let down before I left for work.

Not knowing exactly where it broke on the wing it is hard to determine the best way to fix it. A couple things I keep in mind in these situations. First, if it came off the body and did not do any damage to the trunk lid, it is an easy fix. Just a touch of super glue on the pins and you are good to go. What concerns me is having it take paint with it. I have never had much success in those situations. I hope you are able to get it fixed, that is a GREAT deal and a very cool diecast to own!!

Comment

Iíll take a picture when I get home tonight, itís hard to explain where itís broken off.

Comment

What they said about pics... but snapped clean off makes me think broke at the back supports. If that's true get some modelers glue and put it back on.

Comment

Super glue, I have sold a bunch of cars to Mike (The Teach) that had broken parts from spoilers, wheels, window's small parts, big parts everything and I just super glue them and ship them off with nothing said and he display's them like they are Gold
          #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

That is funny stuff DonCarp!

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post
              Super glue, I have sold a bunch of cars to Mike (The Teach) that had broken parts from spoilers, wheels, window's small parts, big parts everything and I just super glue them and ship them off with nothing said and he display's them like they are Gold
              Well I may be blind, but at least I can't hear and walk with a limp :-)

Comment

Originally posted by The Teach View Post

Well I may be blind, but at least I can't hear and walk with a limp :-)
                No wonder I got no returns lol

Comment

Originally posted by DonCarp View Post

No wonder I got no returns lol
                  I meant to return, but my memory isn't so good these days lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Teach View Post

I meant to return, but my memory isn't so good these days lol
                    That is great and I only have a 12 hour return policy lol I wish every customer was like you my friend

Comment

Hereís the break. Other than that itís a gorgeous car. I think because of the way it broke, Iíll just use some automotive masking tape that I use for body work and tape off around the wing mount then glue her back together. I can get in there with a fine file if the glue gets too clumpy and itíll look like new!

Comment

I would think that's a fixable one. Sounds like you have a good plan. Being a body guy sure helps with your resources.

I would have just went the touch of super or modeler's glue route and held it into place until she was solid.

This is one of the problems with ebay. Folks who don't really know how to properly pack and ship items. It sucks that this happened on such a great piece. Post some pics after the fix and let us know how it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                        X