Any one ever have or own one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one ever have or own one?

A couple guys at work built a 86 cutlass supreme and swapped a 350 chevy with a turbo 350 trans. It was taken down to the block and redone and a came was but in it and everything was replaced. All that needs to be done is a distributor. 2k dollars hes selling it to me for. Anyone ever have one or know someone with one?

I highly doubt it just needs a distributor. Unless you have time , patience and a decent bit of cash, I would stay away from someone else’s headache.

Comment

Originally posted by stiffy View Post
      I highly doubt it just needs a distributor. Unless you have time , patience and a decent bit of cash, I would stay away from someone else’s headache.
      Totally agree. Build yourself or buy complete. Unfinished projects are money pits and I'm sure there's other issues

Comment

X3.. Don't take on someone else's unfinished project.....Unless you have a lot of extra cash to spend, buy something that's at least running & drivable....

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
          X3.. Don't take on someone else's unfinished project.....Unless you have a lot of extra cash to spend, buy something that's at least running & drivable....
          Well all the guys that I work with rebuilt the motor at the dealer on there spare time. It runs and drives great and they all know what they are doing, distributor is original to the motor so

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn Curtis View Post

Well all the guys that I work with rebuilt the motor at the dealer on there spare time. It runs and drives great and they all know what they are doing, distributor is original to the motor so
            It runs and drives great but needs a distributor? Not sure I follow. How well do you actually know these guys?

I've seen it way too many times before. Main question, why all the sudden are they willing to sell it to you if they put all this work into it?

Comment

Buy it Eamonn.

Comment

Originally posted by FreakyFast4ord View Post

It runs and drives great but needs a distributor? Not sure I follow. How well do you actually know these guys?

I've seen it way too many times before. Main question, why all the sudden are they willing to sell it to you if they put all this work into it?
                I have never seen it run but all the guys that I work with have been in the business for 40 plus years and are all teachers at the local auto community college. I want to take a look at it before I buy it but if it isnt just the distributor I wont buy it but if it is the I will

Comment

They always say one man's trash is another man's treasure and in this case these cars are off the chain cool

HOWEVER, while these cars are great be sure to check the whole car to see if a distributor is all it needs. $2K sounds a little low for these cars so they are either being nice to you or it's a pile of crap.
                  Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

I thought you worked for Honda? Buy a Civic and put 2k worth of Mugen parts on it.
                    "Bent fenders, hurt feelings... I love It." - Kevin Harvick

Comment

Just buy it Eamonn. Im sure it will purr like a kitty once the cure all 50.00 part is installed. Then throw some Vogue tires, rims, curb finders, murder out the windows lights and emblems, drop a 5000 Watt system in it and dont forget the statics on the rear bumper.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	images (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	428787Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	428788

Comment

Sounds like you kinda have made your mind up. I for one unless they could prove to me all that was done,not just by word but parts list and who all did the work. And yes you want to hear it run. And drive it. Hell a 50 dollar part? And they are selling it? Something is off there. As we say down here. The math ain't adding up. But I have seen people jump off into a (deal) and find out they landed in quicksand....
                          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthonor View Post
                            Sounds like you kinda have made your mind up. I for one unless they could prove to me all that was done,not just by word but parts list and who all did the work. And yes you want to hear it run. And drive it. Hell a 50 dollar part? And they are selling it? Something is off there. As we say down here. The math ain't adding up. But I have seen people jump off into a (deal) and find out they landed in quicksand....
                            Eamonn uses a different kind of math

Comment

I have been following this thread and there is some strange **** going on. I had a ‘85 green on green with a V6. My all time favorite daily driver. The car was beautiful and the ride was amazing. I came home from work one day and my wife and car were both gone. I have never seen either one of them since. I have never gotten over that car. Here is the problem I have. Anybody who is smart enough to rebuild the motor properly would not be dumb enough to sell a perfect ‘86 Cutlass for 2k IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X