Version, Quality, Price?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version, Quality, Price?

Hi everyone! Just wondering what is everyone's take on this year's diecast? As in, do more people order the arc because it's cheaper, do more order the elite so they get a full diecast body? Is the $30 per car more worth getting the diecast body? Just curious and wondering what the thoughts are when you all order? I myself am torn, im not a big fan of the plastic chassis but high detail is not too important to me. I just want it to look good. I like the cheaper price for arcs so i can get more paint schemes but i prefer diecast body. These are my struggles, lol

For me the choice is clear, I'm a high school kid who is trying to save for a career. When I buy a diecast it is always ARC because they are cheaper and I have seen less quality errors from them, ELITES are still good but they have lost their high details.
    Please Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/KEMMOCupSeries and Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaV...M3B1eNVhTkeMgw

Comment

I've ordered all Elites except for 2 Arcs and I have nothing bad to say about the Arcs. All have been in good shape.

Comment

I am not a fan of this years ARC's but I have bought a couple mostly been a few door number's, autographed or in the case of being a Kasey Kahne fan that's all that is offered. I buy the Elite's mainly because when I do decide to sell my collection which might not be for 20 years or next year who knows but the time will come and I really do not think these ARC's will have much of a resale value at all not that the Elite will either but at least you might be able to move the Elite's where you might find no one want's the ARC's. Other than that I rather pay the extra to get the better car not a fan of the trunk not opening, the plastic chassis is terrible if it's just going to be a display piece then yea I guess it looks good on the shelf but $50 for that is crazy to me might as well pay the extra $30.
        #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I miss the details from 2017. But have been pleased with the 2018 elites I have so far. I prefer the elites. They have more detail and to me is worth the extra 30.00. But if the value of cheaper cost is more to you than detail. Then the ARC may be the way you want to go to afford more schemes. And maybe an elite for a special win.
          20170902_143041 by Michael Ellison, on Flickr

Comment

I bought the old elites of my favorite driver, while my attended race win collection was mostly ARC. I got elite of my guy because I wanted the best of the best. I would sometimes go with an Auto ARC if Elite wasn't available, and sometimes would double up. ARC for the rest because it's what I could afford.

This year, there isn't near enough elite in an elite to me to be worth the price; so it'll be ARC everything. But I'm in a bit of a buying slump as it's been a tight year were I over extended early in it.

Comment

I like metal no plastic

Comment

I buy Elites of raced wins I want and ARC for the rest.
                OU812DIDU

Comment

I buy ARCís, I never display them with the trunk open so not worth paying the extra. I buy the autographed editions when offered and only chrome when it meshes well.

Comment

I can't believe that we're still rehashing this 9 months into the racing season....

Comment

The new elites are the old ARCs pretty much. I have ordered both this year and for me, they stay in a case and are never picked up. I don't plan on ever selling my collection. I usually get an ARC now, unless I want a special finish or auto'd version then I order Elite.

Comment

buy what YOU like,
                        God and Guns

Comment

on the shelf they all pretty much look the same... Buy what your wallet allows and you passion fuels!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas3 View Post
                            buy what YOU like,
                            Best advice. Thereís no one size fits all, definitely buy what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by kwobubba View Post

Best advice. Thereís no one size fits all, definitely buy what you like.
                              This really is the best advice. However, as DonCarp said you will retain more value with the Elite than with an ARC. But that is if you want to sell some or any of your diecast down the road. I feel I'll be keeping mine forever so I'm not too worried about it's value.

Comment

Working...
                              X