Kaseys 2011 Phoenix Win diecast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaseys 2011 Phoenix Win diecast?

So I’m curious, was this one ever offered and just DNP’d? Seems odd in retrospect that this one wasn’t produced considering how popular Kasey was back then and that it would have been such a unique piece knowing he wasn’t going to be back at Red Bull and knowing the team was going out of business. Anyone have the story on this one?

I know if was DNP'd but I do not know the story behind it would like to know myself
    #24EVER #HateThe18 #Hatetoyota #BiggumsIsDelusional

Comment

I'm digging back into my killed brain cells for this, but this is what I remember......2011 was to be Red Bull Racing's last year in NASCAR. With that looming, Motorsports Authentics/RCCA could not acquire the rights to sell any of their product after December of 2011, (the end of their licensing contract). With it being so close to year's end, and the process to make a raced win piece would take 6 months or more, it was decided that it would not be produced. I loved the Red Bull Racing cars. If made, I'm sure it would have been a best seller.

Comment

That really is a shame it worked out that way. It would have been such a great piece and so interesting considering the circumstances. If only Red Bull has continued for another year. Makes me wonder why Vickers 09 win wasn’t made either though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blazethesol52 View Post
          That really is a shame it worked out that way. It would have been such a great piece and so interesting considering the circumstances. If only Red Bull has continued for another year. Makes me wonder why Vickers 09 win wasn’t made either though lol
          Not sure why that one wasn't produced. Maybe someone else can shine some light.

Comment

There were a few Red Bull Racing cars that had some great paint schemes that were never made. Not sure why. I do remember reading somewhere that the team itself wasn't too interested in the merchandise side of things, they were very focused on track performance, or lack there of. They had a horrible run in their early days. They purchased Dodges from the defunked Bill Davis Racing. It was 2007 that they switched to Toyota. Then it wasn't until Vickers was signed in '08 that things were starting to turn around.

Comment

Actually Vickers and Allmendinger we’re both there in 07. Off the top of my head I wanna say Vickers missed about 13 races that first season with the team, but he did show flashes of brilliance in the car towards the end of the season. I have to wonder how Allmendinger would have done had he been given another year at Red Bull, he was starting to finally show speed in 08 when they replaced him with Scott Speed

Comment

Working...
              X