Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Larson 2104 Color Chrome DNP Before Picture........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Larson 2104 Color Chrome DNP Before Picture........

$2000 Worth. What would be of most concern to me is the missing windshield which contained the PO number

broken
    Last edited by BUICK468; April 12th, 2019, 06:58 AM.
    I buy Johnson Door Numbers and Prototypes

JJGOLD2PROTO

On another note the restoration turned out nice from the photos

JJGOLD2PROTO

Comment

Looking at that pic, I'm guessing there was a ton of damaged parts that had to be replaced, including the entire drive train, suspension, wheels, etc... Windshield, dash & even a roof flap! I'd really like to see detailed pics of the car before it was disassembled....Got any?

Comment

Sorry I don't. My understanding is this is all that remained of the original car.

JJGOLD2PROTO

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
          Looking at that pic, I'm guessing there was a ton of damaged parts that had to be replaced, including the entire drive train, suspension, wheels, etc... Windshield, dash & even a roof flap! I'd really like to see detailed pics of the car before it was disassembled....Got any?
          Most importantly..............no windshield and PO number

JJGOLD2PROTO

Comment

This whole thing is a head scratcher. No one would've paid that much for this car, especially one severely damaged and rebuilt. Who's to say it wasn't just a regular run car rebuilt to mimic a proto.

This whole deal is just baffling.
            Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

Yeah, I feel like I am missing something too

Comment

Originally posted by one4smoke View Post
                This whole thing is a head scratcher. No one would've paid that much for this car, especially one severely damaged and rebuilt. Who's to say it wasn't just a regular run car rebuilt to mimic a proto.

This whole deal is just baffling.
                I agree, this car will not be respected by the majority of collectors that know its origin and if it ever gets resold I pity the recipient.

JJGOLD2PROTO

Comment

It canít be a regular run car made to mimic the proto simply because they didnít make any Clorox wipes color chrome cars. Its a DNP finish..
                  I believe itís legit, but I also know itís had a lot of parts replaced... I guess someone sure didnít mind it, maybe because the original body with the color chrome finish was still in great condition overall?
                  Last edited by Nascar24; April 7th, 2019, 08:24 PM.

Comment

It canít be a regular run car made to mimic the proto simply because they didnít make any Clorox wipes color chrome cars. Its a DNP finish..
                    I believe itís legit, but I also know itís had a lot of parts replaced... I guess someone sure didnít mind it, maybe because the original body with the color chrome finish was still in great condition overall?
                    No doubt that it is a legit Proto originally. How do you feel about the PO number being recreated?

JJGOLD2PROTO

Comment

Not having the original PO sticker definitely hurts the value in my opinion, but it wouldnít be a deal breaker if I could get it for a great price...especially if it was a DNP Proto..

Comment

I could've sworn that car was made in a color chrome.
                        Looking for Chase Elliott door numbers and a Kyle Larson Clorox Color Chrome Autographed Elite

Comment

Lucky for me I have an original one

Comment

Also hereís a couple photos of how the guy found that car before he rebuilt it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with what he did in my opinion, everything he did was documented and he hid nothing. I understand some peoples issue with the replica sticker, but its not like he is passing it off as an untouched DNP proto from Lionel.

Comment

Working...
                              X